Chapt. 23) Rage

~Vincent's POV~
(A/N: Updating in Vincent's POV. I'm so sorry. I'll have another chapter in Elena's POV later! Remember to vote/comment & Thanks for reading! )
__________________________
I heard the gunshot and fell over holding my chest.

The pain was unbearable. It felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest.

Trying to stand, I made up my mind to go outside and see what happened.

As I walked outside, I saw my Beta carrying a body, the body I thought I'd never see.

My mates body.

My beta walked over to me holding the lifeless woman. She had blood all over her face. A gunshot wound was in the middle of her forehead.

Grabbing her body out of my Beta's arms, I fell to the ground crying into her neck.

Who would do this to someone so-so pure.

"Who did this?"I yelled looking up at my Beta with tears eyes.

Everyone stayed silent.

The wind started to pick up and I heard a faint female whisper, floating through it.

"Never defy me Vincent."

Anger filled my mind, my wolf taking over. Letting go of my precious dead mate I walked inside the house slamming the door.

"Fuck!" I screamed throwing anything and everything in my path.

While I was throwing stuff and letting my anger out, my Beta walked in clearing his throat making me turn towards him.

"Alpha I'm so sorry. I wanted to let you know that we picked up a very subtle scent. It was foreign." He said, scratching the back of his neck.

"Who's was it?" I yelled making him flinch.

"I-I believe it was Alpha Abel's scent but I don't know. I could barely make out what it was." He said.

"Why the fuck would he be all the way across the country?" I asked harshly not believing the story.

"I don't know. I recognized the scent as his. He might have used masking spray...I don't know if he- uh did this but he's a possibility." My Beta said quietly.

Why would he do this to me? He had no reason to even step foot back into America.

"Look up flight schedules, phone calls, and if the dates match, bring him back to me." I said through gritted teeth.

He nodded and walked out.

Why is my life so fucking bad?

I then remembered the words I heard in the wind.

"Why Moon Goddess, why?" I cried into my hands while falling to the floor.

The pain started to take over my body, the feeling of numbness running throughout my whole person. My dead mate the only thing on my mind.

Closing my eyes I fell into a deep sleep.

~

I could see above everything. The forest was underneath my feet.

Looking down I saw 3 blurry men, one carrying a sniper. They were setting up on a road.

The road.

That's the road my mate has to drive down to come back home...

I saw her car coming down the other side before I heard it.

The gunshot.

The piercing noise made me cringe. The noise of a gunshot, tires screeching against the road and a crash.

Watching the whole thing happen before me, I heard a familiar voice.

"Vincent, I'm so sorry but I had to do it. The Moon Goddess would've killed my mate. She would've killed Elena." The accented voice said.

Abel.

~

Jolting awake there was only one thing on my mind.

War.