Weasley and Weasley

While walking through the snow covered streets of Hogsmeade, Draco's words still rang in Hermione's ears.

"WAIT FOR ME."

What in bloody Morgana's hell is that supposed to mean?  Hermione thought.

Maybe the rumours are true. Maybe his one week stint in Azkaban has truly addled his brains.

How in the world was she supposed to know what he meant if he wasn't even talking to her?

He behaved as if she didn't exist. He didn't even look at her. Except for the occasional glances when Ron attempted to talk to her. More like glares.

Just this morning, she thought she had seen a gleam of red in his eyes when Ron had asked her to pass the treacle tart. But then she'd glanced at him and he had look away. And just like that, the moment had passed.

Harry's voice brought her out of her daydream as she looked up at the blaring sign of Weasley & Weasley written in a horrifyingly fancy neon pink cursive that, for some reason, gave her creepy vibes.

But the thing that finally caught her attention was the sight of Pansy leaving the store.

She headed out towards Dervish and Bangs so Hermione couldn't get a hold of her but she made a mental note to ask the twins what she was up to.

***************************

"Hello there, you three!" Fred welcomed them as they entered.

Hermione noted that the twins were wearing matching purple T shirts with WEASLEY & WEASLEY written in red the same fancy hand, and some really expensive muggle sunglasses.

"Come on in. Poppy, here, will show you our latest and our best, won't you Poppy?" George winked at her.

A tall willowy girl with beautiful features and long brown hair welcomed them and started a vivid description of the latest products on the stalls.

"So you blokes bought Zonko's after all? Not that we regret it." Harry smiled fondly at the twins.

"What's this?" Ginny asked pointing at some delicious looking tiny peppermints packed in a see-through pink box.

"That is our latest Love Pill and you will stay away from that." George said, pulling her away from the WonderWitch Section.

"What do you have for me?" Ron asked enthusiastically.

"Sorry. No amount of magic can bring back the dead." Announced Fred.

"Correct! Not even the amazing wizards that we are can do it." George continued for him.

"Seeing that you're dead to us, after what you did", Fred explained.

"Yes yes, we heard", George cut in, as Ron opened his mouth to speak.

"Don't bother explaining. We've always known you're a git", Fred chimed in.

"Yup! Too stupid for Hermione, that one", George winked to Fred, pointing his thumb at Ron.

"Hey, I'm right here!"

"Still dead!" The twins echoed in chorus now facing the rest of the three, completely ignoring him.

"Fine, if I'm not welcome, I'll leave!" he said walking away, but just before he left two stink bombs exploded at each of his sides.

"And that people" started Fred," is a demonstration of our latest Lasting Stink Bombs", George concluded.

"Boy! That is sure to leave a lasting stink!" Fred commented, amidst laughter.

"How dare you!" Ron exclaimed, aiming a hex at them, which to his surprise, reflected right back at him, knocking him off to the other side of the street.

The twins laughed raucously, hi fiving and then chest butting each other

"And that folks, is the magic of our latest Shielding Sunglasses. Make you look cool, whom none can fool! Work against most hexes and moderate curses! Available in men, women and unisex versions. Grab them before they're gone!" Announced Fred, to the customers present in the store.

***************************

Hermione settled down to breakfast next morning feeling happy with the previous day's events.

She saw Draco enter the Great Hall and her chocolate orbs met his silver gaze at it swept the Hall, both forming a silent acknowledgement, as Draco settled on the Slytherin table.

"Great Godric, the sexual tension between you two is just killing me. Just get together already, will you?", Ginny said elbowing her.

Hermione glared at her, nudging her to stop.

Just then they saw Ron walking in with Pansy, laughing together like old friends.

Most of the teachers smiled at what they thought was building up of House unity, while most of the students and some of the Professors (including Trelawney) raised their eyebrows.

Ron and Pansy parted for their respective tables as Ron headed towards Gryffindor table. He headed straight towards where Hermione was sitting.

"Hermione", he spoke, his eyes filled with guilt, determination and another emotion she couldn't identify.

"I'm glad you found a good friend Ron. I should be and will be the last person to judge you."

"Hermione, I love you", He said and grabbed her, and kissed her full on the lips.

Hermione panicked. She shoved him away from her frantically as her gaze drifted toward the Slytherin table, looking for the platinum blonde.

But he was gone.

"Wait for me", he had told her.

And now he was gone.

***************************

Author's Note:

I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry!! I'm sorry for the cliffhanger! Please do not shoot me! *runs and hides in the bathroom*

I know y'all were really eager for Dramione action and I know it seems like I've ruined it but I promise I've not.

As for the cliffhanger, I actually tried writing the story in a linear plot but it was dead beat boring. So I decided to shake things up a bit to make it interesting. Sorry if I ruined it.

Next chapter will have a flashback and some clarity, as well as the much needed closure to all us Dramione shippers.

Stay tuned for the next chapter. (Not going to say the title coz it's gonna be a huge giveaway. But I promise you I'll be interesting 😉)

VOTE , COMMENT and SHARE with your friends! You can also FOLLOW me to get notified as soon as I update.

Until next time Happy Reading! 😘😘