Part 2

"What are you doing here Nand Kishore?" Buaji's angry voice reverberated in the living room of Gomti Sadan..

"Buaji...I...am here...to.."

"I am not your Buaji..You had this relation with me because of my titaliya...Now that you...yourself has cut all the ties with her than don't expect us to welcome you with open arms after all what you did with my Sankadevi even though she was innocent.." Buaji's eyes filled with tears as she continued "You left her when she needed you the most..." Arnav closed his eyes as he knew what she was referring at..He threw her out of his life when she was carrying his child...abandoned her when she was in the most need of his love and care but he didn't even push her away but also denied being responsible for the life inside her..

"Buaji...Please..I don't want to talk about those days now.." Khushi pleaded, her voice cracking.

Buaji and Arnav turned to her ,she was on the verge of breaking down...It was obvious how much the mention of those days was torturing her as if she was living them again in real..

"Khushi..." Arnav stepped towards her but buaji beat him into it as she stood between him and her niece..

"Don't even think about coming near my titaliya.." she said sternly.

"Buaji please atleast let me talk to her...I am sorry.." his voice shook.

"Sorry? Can your sorry change anything? Can it change the fate of my Kushi? Can it relieve her of the pain which she went through when you accused her? Can it lesson the pain of humiliation she had to go through when she decided to give birth to your child? Can it change those days and nights when she cried out silently in her room when she could no longer cope with those accusing glares which she received everyday since an year now?" Buaji was sobbing now..

Two tears rolled down his cheeks hearing about her pain and sufferings.His throat moved as he tried to swallow past the ball of pain.

Gulping a mouthful of air he pleaded "Buaji...I know i can't change anything.I can't bring back those days to undo the damage i had done...Trust me I hate myself more than she hates me..Muje aik bar Khushi sy bat krne dijiye..Mai sab kuch theek krna chahta hoon(Let me atleast talk to Khushi for once..I want to right all the things)...She and my..eh her child deserve to get their rightful place in my life.." he couldn't complete as he heart her shout..

"Maira aur maire bacche ka apse koi lena dena nahi hai...Hum khush hai ap k bina bhi...Humein ya hamare bacche ko apse kuch nahi chahiye..Phir bhi pochne k liye dhanewaad.."(Me and my child has nothing to do with you..We are happy even without you...We don't want anything from you...Anyways thanks for asking!)

Giving an assuring nod to her buaji she stepped from behind her so that now she was standing before him "Buaji you can go...Keep an eye on Arush until I come..Please.." Reluctantly Buaji left giving a warning glare to Arnav.

"Khushi please...I know you and..and.." he swallowed "...he...he.. don't need me but please give me a chance to redeem myself...I am truly sorry..." he wiped a tear that trickled down his cheek..

She looked at him coldly for a second and then something changed in her eyes..

"Do you want to meet him?"

His eyes widened for a minute then he nodded with moist eyes.

"These flowers.." he murmured to which she snatched them from him walked to the dustbin and dumped them into it..