Part 4

He paced the length of his room giving occasional glances towards his Di who was sitting on his bed crying her heart out.He released a resigned sigh.

"Di, will you please for heaven's sake stop crying? It is getting on my nerves."

Anjali looked up at him with her bloodshot eyes.Arnav's heart softened seeing her this broken.If it was up to him he would give her everything but in this matter he was helpless.He can't see her like this but he can't break this marriage either.

"Di, try to understand..Whatever you are saying isn't possible.After what you have told me, if Anant wanted to be with you then he wouldn't have agreed to marry Khu..Khushi.." Even the name of Khushi with someone else pricked him.

"Chote, there is still a chance.If you make Khushi agree to say NO to this marriage then Anant will come back to me.I will apologize to him everyday and i am sure he will forgive me one day.Please Chote stop this marriage."

Arnav looked at her in disbelief.

"Di..do you even know what you are saying?"

"I know Chote.Don't you want to be with Khushi? Stopping this marriage will benefit you as well."

"Di i want to be with her but not by forcing her.She wants to marry Anant not me.I can't force her this time.I have hurt her so much, not..not anymore di...I can't do this one more time.."

"Not even for me?"

"Di..now you are making it difficult for me" he cried out in sheer helplessness.

"Answer me Chote..Can't you do this for me? I swear this will go in favor of all.Anant loves me and even Khushi loves you.They both are just hurt and aren't thinking rationally and have taken this hasty decision.If their marriage stopped, me and you, we both will get time to pacify them.Think about it Chote.Your Arush and Khushi both will be with you for lifetime if you succeeded in pacifying Khushi.You won't have to travel back and forth in between Lucknow and Delhi to meet Arush.They both will be yours for always...for forever"

Anjali's words made his heart flutter.He went into deep thinking.The way Anjali had put it all made his heart hope and the picture her words presented was too good to be ignored.He, Khushi and Arush under one roof living happily.The thought itself was so magical and heartwarming that he felt his eyes prick with unshed tears.

"Arush! Arush! Be careful baccha.Don't run this fast.You will fall down and hurt yourself" Khushi shouted running behind a 6 year old Arush but the junior ASR continued his pace and bumped into Arnav who has entered the garden smiling at his wife and daughter.

"Dekhiye na ArnavJI..Apka beta hamari koi baat nahi sunta bilkul apki tarah(See Arnavji...Your son don't listen to anything i say, just like you...)" she whined pouting like a child.Arnav chuckled.She herself is still a child..he mused lovingly.