Chapter Six

ATTN: Re-readers, please don't post spoiler comments!

...

The next morning I trudged into the principal's office, still tired from the day before. It'd taken close to an hour to wash all the yolk and flour from my hair. And I was pretty sure Will snapped a few photos when I'd first entered his apartment to get Elliot. Somehow, I managed a smile. "Morning, Collin."

"Harley," he responded, staring at me like I was a ghost.

I frowned. "What?"

"Nothing, I'm just surprised to see you here. I thought you might not want to come back after yesterday," he responded, seemingly impressed. "I'm glad you decided to though."

"I'm not going to give up that easily," I told him stubbornly.

"I'm sorry you got stuck with Oliver and Arden in class together, but I can't transfer them out because they need to take that class in order to graduate. But I gave them both a severe scolding yesterday, so hopefully they won't be a problem anymore."

"Hopefully," I agreed.

He smiled encouragingly. "Today will be better. All new teachers get trouble from the students on their first day."

"Seems like these kids watch too many movies," I sighed.

He laughed. "Maybe."

"Although I was being kind of mean yesterday, so maybe I deserve it a little," I said, frowning. "Maybe if I'm nicer to them, they'll be nicer to me. I just have to keep calm."

"That's right. If you respect them, they'll respect you, Harley," Collin agreed. "But before I forget to tell you, for Oliver and Arden's punishment, I told them they have to help you prep for your classes, when they'd usually have a free period. Arden will help you first period and Oliver will help you sixth for a month."

I stared at him in horror. "What? Why?"

"For punishment," he told me, narrowing his eyes in confusion. "I had to punish them somehow and I thought you'd like the help."

"But they were the ones who started the food fight in the first place!" He was going to make me be in a room alone with them for a month? I was going to be killed! Or beat up! Or something!

"That won't happen again," he assured me, smiling slightly. "Trust me. The bell's going to ring soon, so you should head to your classroom."

Sighing in defeat, I nodded, and made my way to the exit. So much for having to only deal with them . The hallways were empty as I made my way toward my classroom; the students hadn't arrived yet. When I reached the room I tried the door handle and, to my surprise, it was unlocked. I frowned, slowly starting to open it. Suddenly it was whipped the rest of the way open and I fell forward, being tugged along with the door.

A strong pair of hands steadied me and I looked up to see Tucker standing in front of me with a scowl on his face. "Move," he demanded, shoving me to the side.

I stumbled a few steps, but didn't fall. It was a smart idea not to wear high heels today. Tucker attempted to walk away, but I grabbed his arm before he was out of reach. "Wait!"

He stopped and turned to me with a scowl. "What?"

"What do you mean what? What were you doing in my room?" I snapped, irritated by his rudeness.

"None of your business!"

"It is my business!"

"Let go," he ordered, ripping his arm away from my grasp. "Stupid girl."