➸ 8. Stalker Status

Here you are! Another Chapter. I love this story so much.  

~*~

As I stalked over to our lunch table, heels clicking on the tiled floor, my eyes darted around, looking for one person in particular.

Julien.

I could be as obsessed as I wanted in my mind, but I couldn't look obvious, so I downplayed it a little by seeming nonchalant like I was just taking in my surroundings.

I didn't see him anywhere in the cafeteria. It would be hard to miss him considering he's the biggest person in this entire school and the only one with the face of a freaking angle. More like the angel of death.

I felt a little disappointed when I didn't see him anywhere, so, feeling my shoulders sag a little, I trudged on toward our table where Maya was saving a seat for me between her and Tess.

I sat with a huff, looking over at Maya who wore that look that said she was wanting to talk about what happened in Biology. I wanted to talk about it too. I wanted to squeal and jump around together, but that wouldn't be appropriate here.

This table was the A-lister's table.

"Hey Jade, looking good." A deep voice called out from a few people over and across.

Tyler....

Rolling my eyes, I sent him a sarcastic smile. "Thanks."

He frowned slightly but let it go, a few "ooooh's" sounding out from the football players because of the way he got shot down.

Does he not remember what he did?

I went back to opening my salad bowl as Tess and Maya watched me intently, waiting for the moment to pounce with questions, sending glares toward Tyler every now and again.

Tyler was the head and center of the table. He sat towards the middle with some of the football team and a few desperate girls. We sat five spots away, closer toward the end, but close enough where we could all conversate.

I didn't want to be anywhere near him, but it was an unspoken rule that we all shared the same table. It was hard enough going to the same school as him.

Our lunch table was long, so there were more than just the A-lister's sitting here, but it was more of the 'cool kids' who didn't really care what criteria they fit in, which made them cool somehow.

As long as everyone knew Tyler was the king, they could sit here. Tyler was sort of the 'alpha male' of our entire school. I don't know how that is even possible, but people think he is just amazing. I know better.

And who was the Alpha female you ask?

Well, apparently, that was me.

I had a title which was coveted by many, especially the 'mean girls', which consisted of Eve, Danielle, and Natalie, girls I only associated with if I had to.

Tess and Maya were my real friends and nothing could change that, but everyone wants to be associated with the 'it' girl. It was sort of like a pack of wolves in a way. We all grouped together, but everyone had a different level of 'coolness'.

Don't ask me how or why I out of all people became the 'queen bee', it just happened through the years. After everything that happened with Julien, then my incident, followed by my dad's suicide, I went off the wall and started partying after the heavy depression.