➸ 13. Control

Halsey - Control

(Some of the chapter soundtracks will be the same for some chapters bc Im listening to it non stop for inspiration. This book was created around the songs as is.).

~*~

JADE

Blinking my eyes slowly, the swirl pattern of my bedroom ceiling stared down at me as hushed whispers sounded frantically around me.

I groaned as my head pounded. It felt like someone had knocked me out with a sledgehammer right in the front of my forehead, pain pounding behind my eyes.

The whispers around me went silent.

"What happened?" I rasped, making a move to sit up as I rubbed my eyes.

"Oh thank god you're awake!" It was Tess, her usually soft voice a little on edge.

I pulled myself up and leaned against the headboard, looking around to see that I was definitely in my bedroom.

"How did I get here?" My mind was fuzzy as I peered over at Maya and Tess, my two best friends.

Maya raised her brows. "We carried your heavy ass up the stairs. That's how you got here."

Damn. I have them working on the weekdays too now.

"We gotta talk girly." Maya puckered her lips off to the side as she crossed her arms, brows still raised. "Why on earth did you beat the hell out of Eve? Do you know how much trouble you are going to be in? Not just with the school either, if she decides to press charges, you could be arrested, Jade!" She was angry, pacing back and forth in my room.

Swinging my legs over the side of the bed, I looked over at Tess who regarded me with a pursed-lipped smile, her cobalt blue eyes gentle. She was secretly rooting for me, I could tell. She'd never tell Jade that though.

I sighed, letting my head fall into my hands. "I know. I know and I'm sorry guys. I just- I don't know what came over me."

"I do." Maya bit out.

I lifted my gaze to see that she was angry, her back rigid and her hands balled up in fists. Even her usually soft green eyes had a fire to them. She turned in her pacing, meeting my gaze.

"Julien is the reason. He taunted you with Eve and now that she thinks she has a shot, she's trying to show you up and getting her little followers in on it." She shook her head in exasperation, black curly hair being tossed left and right.

It really was Julien's fault come to think about it. He was instigating this entire thing. He was the one who gave Eve his phone the first day for her to put her number in it, watching me while he did it. He knew I was looking and he knew it would hurt me.

He wanted to hurt me. He didn't know I had had enough hurt though. He didn't know I'd snap.

Now he has Eve thinking she's somebody special, taunting me. That was just what she needed, an outlet to make me miserable - only it backfired on her and sent me into a rage.

"What the hell am I going to do.." I groaned, letting my head fall back into my hands as the realization of what I did hit me like a ton of bricks. The memories came back all at once and images of me screaming at the two girls, slapping Danielle and beating the hell out of Eve came rushing back.

I could be suspended from school, arrested, and my car will most likely be taken away from me by mom. I was up shite creek without a paddle. I felt angry at Julien. If it wasn't for him, none of this would have happened!