Chapter 3- The Carpool

Yey! I have a book cover thanks to meekanmildNOT :) gonna post it some time soon :) 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Chapter 3- The Carpool

When the final bell finally rang, signalling that school is over, I can hardly believe that I actually had fun. My classmates were nice so there was nothing to worry about.

Tomorrow, we will meet our other teachers in our different subjects which is something to look forward to, another day of no lessons. The official start of classes would be on the day after tomorrow.

Austin, Trina, Monique and I hurriedly fixed our things and went out of the classroom. Since all of us have carpools waiting for us at the parking lot, we decided to go there together.

"There’s the van Mia, bye guys!" Austin said after spotting the van.

"See you tomorrow!" said the others

And after the goodbyes, we walked towards the van. There were already other kids there; three elementary students and the guy with the cute little eyes, seeing them sitting where they were sitting that morning, Austin decided to seat where he was sitting that morning also. While I on the other hand was to shy to the guy with the cute little eyes, so I decided to seat across them. So I was facing Austin, who was now besides the guy with the cute little eyes.

While waiting for the others, Austin and I just talked about random things to pass time. The others in the van just mind their own business.

I was getting bored, so I decided to muster up some courage to talk to the guy with the pair of cute little eyes and join him in our conversation. Since Austin and I were fooling around, our topic was porn; I was accusing Austin of watching porn. "So hey, do you watch porn?" I told the guy with the cute little eyes suddenly while turning towards him.

He just looked at me with a shocked expression. Wondering what i said wrong, it quickly dawned to me.

"Oh my god, that sounded sooo wrong. I’m sorry, don't mind me" I said after realizing how embarrassing that was. Blushing I turned to Austin.

Austin was laughing hysterically, "what the hell Mia? What was that about?" he said between laughs.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to sound so uhmm weird, but i just want him to join in our conversation since we don't know the others here." I said still blushing, I turned to the guy with cute little eyes, who was still shocked, “I’m sorry" I said to him, blushing and not looking him in the eyes.

Suddenly I heard him laugh, as in laugh hard. With that, I turned to look at him with a confused expression to my face.

"Oh man, hahaha. That’s ok, that must be your way to greet strangers" he said, still laughing.

I blushed more, “I do not!! It's just that I want you to join our conversation and get to know you!" I said trying to defend myself.

He stopped laughing and looked at me with his tantalizing eyes "so you want to get to know me huh?" he said, smirking a little. "You like me that much that you're willing to say anything just to get to know me?" he said teasingly.

"oh please, you're so full of yourself! As if! I already have a boyfriend!" I said crossing my arms and turning my around to look at Austin again, feeling irritated.

"Hey. I was only teasing. Come on. Truce?" he said, putting both his hands up, as if showing he meant no harm. "I'm Marc by the way" he said, reaching out his hand to me.

I looked at him with questioning eyes and took it. "Mia" I said.

"Austin bro" Austin said, also shaking Marc's hand. "Nice to meet you, so what year are you?"

"Oh, I'm a sophomore, and I guess you two are freshmen, judging by the way you Guys looked earlier before we reached the school." Marc said.

"Well, it's pretty scary going to a new school you know, you'll never know what kind of people you might meet" I said pointedly, trying to join their conversation.

And after that, we talked of so many other things regarding school and personal life. I've learned that Marc has attended Lake Shore High since he was in grade school and he lives at our village too. He also told us stories of some of the teachers we might have classes with whom he did when he was a freshmen. He even told us a brief history of the school.

A little while later, I can feel my phone vibrating so I excused myself. Looking to the home screen, I saw that it was Nick, and he left 4 more missed calls already. I quickly answered and said "hey Nick! I missed you!"

"Hi Hun, I missed you too. Classes just ended over here and I thought maybe I'll drop by to your house later?" Nick said.

Since I haven't seen nick in a while, I was so happy he would come and visit me, the last time I saw him was a month before the school starts which was a long time that it made me miss him so much.

"Sure!" I said over the phone, that the happiness in my voice can be heard and with that he laughed.

"It seems like you had a great day Hun" said nick, I can feel the smile in his voice.

"Yeah, I had a great day! Though I bit sad coz I missed you" I said, feeling a bit sad.

"Well don't worry dear I'll see you soon enough” he said "I'm already in my car, I just thought of calling you before I leave"

"I can't wait! I'll make us some snacks and find a movie we can watch then!" I said giddily.

"Well, that's settled then! See you later honey. I love you" he said, and with that he hanged up.

Getting hyped for Nicks visit, I went out of the van and looked outside to see if the others were coming, when I saw them I hurriedly enter and waited impatiently. A fee seconds later, the others that we were waiting for entered and the van started driving home.

On the way home, Austin, Marc and I fooled around, sharing stories which made us closer, making us all friends. Sometimes, Marge and Charley would join in our conversation. The trip home was fun but I can't wait to go home to see Nick.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Like this chapter? Vote! 

Feedback or suggestions? Comment! 

Like the story? Fan!

<3