Chapter 5- will we be?

A few months have passed since the start of the school year, it was already mid August and the air was getting colder. The school works were getting harder but other than that everything was fine. Nick and I are still what we are, unofficial, but it's fine because every day he gets sweeter and sweeter to me. Although there are times we tend fight with each other due to a few misunderstandings, we still try as much as possible to fix whatever it is before the day ends.

Me, Austin and Marc are also closer now, that sometimes after school's over we would go to Starbucks and hang out or go to each other’s house and watch some movies, or sometimes Marc teaches Austin and me how to play the guitar which is fun.

Today is just like any other boring Thursday at school. Monique, Trina and I are at the cafeteria with some of our new friends Kat, Angel, Joan, and Lou. We were eating and talking about things when I felt my phone vibrate, I saw that it’s Nick. I excused myself and went outside.

"Hey nick!" I said joyfully.

“Hey babe, how are you?" Nick said.

"I'm ok, you?"

"Happy now that I get to talk to you" he said “By the way, do you have something to do later after school?"

"Hmm... I think I'm free later, why?" I asked curiously.

"Well, how about we go out for dinner later? I'll pick you up at 5?"

"Sure! That sounds great" I said happily. "It's been a while since we ate outside"

"I know" he chuckled, "see you later then! Love you"

"I love you too! Bye" and with that I hanged up the phone.

After snapping my phone shut, I went back inside the cafeteria towards my friends, whom I saw were still talking and eating. I slipped beside Joan and grabbed some of the fries at the table.

"So, what are we talking about?" I asked, asking to see what was happening.

"Basically nothing but random stuff" said Kat as she sighed. "I'm so bored! I wish Christmas is here already!"

"Oh come on Kat, it's only been two months since the start of school" said Joan, the motherly type of our group.

"So anyways, Mia, who called you?" asked Angel

"Oh, it was just Nick" I said casually.

"Ooh, the unofficial boyfriend" said Lou, "what did he say?"

"Well, he asked if I will do anything later. He wants to take me out for dinner." I said grinning.

"Ooh! Maybe he will finally ask you to be his girlfriend!" Lou squealed

"Oh, it looks like you’re happier than me Lou." I said, throwing a napkin at Lou, “But I don't want to get my hopes up... Maybe he just wants some nice dinner?"

"Oh please! You better get your guard up Mia." said Trina seriously, "you can never be too sure, and he might want you to meet someone whom he's currently dating for all we know."

Upon hearing that, I felt my heart drop. I frowned and looked down at the table. Noticing so, the others gave pointed looks to Trina.

"Oh come on Trina! Don't be like that, you don't even know Nick" Joan said, "It’s ok Mia, whatever happens, happens. We'll always be here; right guys?"

"Yeah", "of course!", “That's what friends are for" they chorused. With that, I smiled at them

"Well, come on guys. It's almost time for the next class let's go back to the room" I said picking up my bag.

We all stood up and went outside the cafeteria to head back to the room; the topic about Nick was finally put into rest.

My friends know my feelings for Nick and how confused I am of our situation. When I first told them about us Joan, Lou, Kat and Angel find it romantic in some way, in which way, I don't know. But Trina thinks of it differently, she actually doesn't like Nick for me. She thinks that Nick is being a coward for not making his intentions clear from the start. I know where Trina is coming from, as a good friend, she doesn't want to see me hurt because of Nick and I’s confusing relationship.

The rest of the day passed like a blur and before I know it the final bell has rang. I pecked the cheeks of my friends’ goodbye and went straight ahead to the carpool to tell the driver that I'm not joining them in the car ride home today and also to tell my sister to inform our dad that I might be home late and not to worry since I would be with Nick. Nick would be picking me up in school in about thirty minutes so I still have time to get ready and put a bit of make up on.

As I was about to go inside the building once more to fix myself, I saw Austin and Marc walking together towards the van. I just waved and smiled at them and ran off straight inside the building and I went straight to the girls’ lavatory. I splashed some water across my face since I have been a bit sweaty. After wiping my face dry I put a bit of foundation and did my eyeliner. Looking at the mirror I saw my face flushed in excitement so I just put a minimal red lipstick on to look natural, just as I was finishing tidying  up my hair and smoothing my clothes of any wrinkles I felt my phone vibrate from my pocket. I hastily answered it without looking at the caller id knowing that it was nick.

“Hey!” I said.

“Hey, I’m at the guard house already, I’ll pick you up in front of the main building” Nick said.

“Ok, I’m gonna go there now. Bye!” I said then I placed my phone back to my pocket.

I went outside of the building and patiently wait for Nick thinking where we would eat; it has been a long while since we went out for dinner. My head was full of the things that my friends and I have thought about. Just the thought of him asking me to finally be his girlfriend makes me excited but then again the thought of just having a usual dinner made my heart sank a bit, we have been casually dating for so long and I am getting a bit tired of waiting to know what we really are.

I looked up and saw his car approaching and I put a smile on my face, pushing the sad thoughts away. Nick went out of the car wearing faded jeans and a simple shirt with a single rose in his hand and a smile on his face. He walked towards me and handed me the rose and kissed me on top of my head. I smiled at him and he led me towards his car.

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so sorry if this chapter is super short! And I have not uploaded yet; I'm a bit busy right now so I can’t find the time to write. :)

please do leave a comment <3

xoxo Red