Chapter 4- Nick and I

The ride home was fun, but when the van entered the village gates, I suddenly became excited once more. The first ones to be dropped off were the ones, who we do not know, after them, were Marc and his siblings,

"Hey, so Marc, if you guys lived all your life in this village, how come I never so you? Did you go to Montessori academy?" I asked curiously after passing by my former school which was located inside the village.

"Well, I did go there, but only for two years, grades 3 and 4. I transferred to lake shore high on the 5th grade." Marc said getting ready since were almost near his house.

"Oh that’s why we never saw you and never knew you." said Austin who seems to have thought about it also. "Well, see you tomorrow!" waving goodbye.

"See you both!" said Marc, exiting the van. I just waved as the van drove away. A few minutes later the van was approaching our home, I quickly noticed Nick leaning beside his car waiting patiently for me to get out, with a huge smile on his face.

Once the van fully stopped, I quickly ran to Nick and dropped my bag beside his feet and hugged him. I missed his perfume and the feel of his body against mine. "I missed you" I whispered to him running my hands over his hair while still hugging him.

"I missed you too, very much" Nick said, kissing me on the top of my head and hugging me closer.

I loved the way he hugs me because I always felt safe, as if he won't let anything harm me. I pulled myself away a little bit and looked up at him, "you got here fast, I hadn't had the time to prepare some snacks" I said pouting.

He chuckled and kissed me on my forehead, "that's ok love, I'll help you make some, what do you want to eat by the way?" he said, putting his arms on my shoulders and leading me inside the house.

I just smiled and said, "How bout we make some strawberry banana toast with nutella? It's never too late for a toast, especially when it has nutella on it!"

"You and your nutella addiction" Nick said kissing me once again.

We proceeded to the kitchen to prepare the nutella toast. I let him cut the bananas and strawberries while I put the bread on the toaster.

"So how was school?" I asked while transferring the toast to a plate so that I can start spreading some nutella on.

"It was ok; classes already started since we already knew each other and the teachers. How how about yours?" he said, looking up from cutting the fruits.

"It was fun! We did so many group activities to get to know each other" I said smiling while getting a large amount of nutella in a spoon and putting it in my mouth.

"Well that's good to hear." he said, "come on, let's finish this already and find a movie to watch.

We quickly hurried assembling the toast and went to the living room; he sat at the couch and put the plate down while I went to the drawer where the CD's are.

“So what do you want to watch?" I said, looking at the spines of the CD's "how about Harry potter?" I smiled and looked at him.

"Again?" he said jokingly rolling his eyes "we've liked watch Harry potter 5 times already" teasing me, he knows I love Harry potter and I never get tired if rereading and watching the movies again and again.

"Aw" I said, looking at him with my sad little eyes, “What do you want to watch then?"

“I was just joking honey, don't be sad." he said chuckling

"I know" I said, sticking my tongue out to him. I giggled and put the CD on the CD player and sat down beside him, leaning my body to his.

He placed his arms around my shoulders and gently stroked my hair. We sat like this all throughout out the movie. And when it was done, I noticed that it was dark outside already.

I picked up the empty plate at the coffee table and went to the kitchen to wash it and put it in the dishwasher, when I came back to the living room Nick was not there and I saw the front door is open. I went outside to see if he was there. I found Nick sitting at the wooden swing waiting for me and He smiled when I got nearer.

"Hey," I said, smiling at him; taking a seat beside him. "What are you doing here?"

"Nothing, I just thought maybe you want get some fresh air," he said smiling.

I just smiled and leaned closer to him feeling a bit cold. Sensing that I was, Nick took of the jacket he was wearing and placed it on my shoulders and put one arm around me and pulled me closer to him. I smiled and kissed him on the cheek and thanked him. We sat there in silence for about an hour just enjoying the moment with one another.

I thought of asking him what we are, if he's my boyfriend or if we're just casually dating. But the thought of him saying we're just casually dating makes me sad a bit because I really love him. We've been like this for a couple of months now, we act as if we're a couple but we're really not.

When I looked at my watch it was already half past nine and he has to go already because we both have early classes tomorrow.

He stood up and said sadly, "well, I better get going"

"Hey, don't be sad, I enjoyed being with you today" I said smiling at him.

"Me too" he said and smiled at me

"You should go now, you have a long drive back and you still have classes tomorrow" I said walking with him towards his car.

"Ok, I’ll call you when I get home" he said and kissed me on the cheek and entered his car.

I just waved goodbye as he drove off, a sudden strong gust of wind blew and I wrapped Nick’s jacket closer to me, smelling his distinct perfume. I smiled and went inside the house, I locked the door behind me and went upstairs to do some reading while I wait for Nick to get home and call me.

After a few minutes, I put the book down. I can't concentrate on the book I was reading because there was something at the back of my mind. I thought of Nick and how much I love him but I felt a sudden pang of sadness because I know he's not really mine, we are not yet officially a couple despite the fact that we know each others feelings.

I sighed and looked at the clock at my bedside table and saw that it was already half past ten and I felt suddenly tired. Thinking I might not be awake when Nick calls, I decided to leave him a message.

Hi Nick, I had a lovely time today :) I hope you did too. I know you're not yet home, so take care ok? Its half past ten already and I'm feeling tired, I might not be awake when you get home. Don't call anymore ok? I'll just call you tomorrow morning. I love you, take care, goodnight and sweet dreams. xoxo

I reread the message and hit send after being satisfied with what I typed. I turned off the lamp beside my bed and settled myself in my bed, smiling as I close my eyes, still smelling the scent of Nicks perfume in his jacket. With that I drifted off to sleep thinking maybe one day everything will be clear between us. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Yey chapter 4! :) 

Please do comment it will surely make me happy :) 

Btw, I'm sorry once again for some grammatical errors :)

Like this chapter? Vote! 

Feedback or suggestions? Comment! 

Like the story? Fan!

<3