Chapter 4: Nightmare

Draco

After I found some clothes, I went back to Granger's room. The door was open so I walked in. I was surprised to see she was fast asleep on the bed.

The light was on, the door was open, and she wasn't under the covers.

These past few days must have been stressful.

I set the clothes on the chest of drawers and approached the sleeping girl. I picked her up, bridal style, and drew back the covers. I gently set her down and covered her up.

Did I just...

I shook my head and sighed. I shut off the light on my way out.

~*~*~

I laid back on my bed and sighed.

Maybe this will be good... Maybe I won't be an evil death eater to every living person. I've always kinda liked Granger...

I closed my eyes, but sleep didn't come.

Granger... Granger... I helped Granger... Hermione?

Her name sounded nice... So I said it out loud.

"Hermione."

I loved the way her name rolled off my lips.

I closed my eyes again. I fell asleep, with her name in my mind.

-+-+-

I lied to father. This was the first. I knew the golden trio sat before me. It was only moments before Bella was crushing Hermione under he weight.

"Where did you get the sword?!" Bella yelled.

"We found it," Hermione replied in a shaky voice.

She screamed in pain when Bella sunk a blade into her flesh. Bella carved her first letter: M.

"How did you get into my vault?!" Bella asked.

"We d..d..didn't," Hermione stuttered, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Father, may I leave?" I asked.

"No, I want you to watch what to do if you come across a Mudblood," father replied.

Another scream, another letter: U.

"I don't want to watch anymore!" I yelled.

Bella dragged the knife through Hermione's arm again. A tortured scream filled the room.

"I don't want to watch her get tortured!" I yelled.

I was punched in the jaw. He held my hair and forced me to watch.

"Stop Bella!" I yelled.

Another letter.

"Malfoy!"

"Stop!" I screamed.

"Malfoy!" Hermione yelled.

I snapped awake. I sat up and took in my surroundings. Hermione was standing by the bed.

"Are you alright?" She asked.

"Yeah," I breathed.

It was weird having a nightmare... Then the person getting tortured asks if I'm alright.

I realized I was sweaty and Hermione was holding her head.

"You were yelling in your sleep," she stated.

"Yeah... It happens sometimes, usually I don't get woke up," I stated.

"I'm gonna... Go lay down. My head hurts," she muttered.

I noticed she stumbled a bit on her way out. She went back to her room. I couldn't relax enough to fall back asleep so I looked at the clock.

Midnight... Great.

I sighed and got out of bed. I went to the bathroom and splashed my face with cold water. I looked in the mirror.

What's gotten into me? I haven't had that nightmare in months...

I remembered the witch the next room over.

What am I doing? Helping Granger? Why?

That question was ringing in my head.

Why?

I dried off my face and laid back down.

~*~*~

I slowly woke to sunshine in my eyes. I covered my head with my blanket.

"Master Draco sir," Timmy said. "You need to get ready for work."

"Please owl Percy and tell him I'm taking today and tomorrow off," I muttered, sitting off.

"Is master Draco sick?" The elf asked.

"No."

"Is this because of the Miss?" He continued.

I stayed silent.

Timmy (SPEW!!! house elf's have a right to a POV!)

I watched as Master Draco rubbed his eyes. He had yet to answer my question.

"Just send the letter," he ordered.

"Yes master."

I dissapperated from the room and went to the Miss's. She was still asleep in the dark room. I smiled. Master brought home a Missus. She was a very beautiful Missus.

Maybe Master will let Missus stay.

Draco

I stumbled out of bed and took a quick shower. I'm sure she would put up a fight today. She'll probably want to find a job but I think she should lay low for a few days.

I got dressed in a pair of muggle shorts and a T-shirt. I found out a while back, muggle clothes aren't that bad.

I went to Granger's door and knocked. When I didn't get an answer I slowly opened the door. She was still fast asleep.

I looked at her for a moment. Her cheeks were still a bit bruised and her skin was pale. Her soft, curly hair was all over the place.

I silently shut the door and went to the library.

~*~*~

I grabbed a ton of random books from my library. I'm sure when she gets well enough, she will probably be in it a lot.

I went back to her room and opened the door. She shot up.

"Malfoy," she breathed, "you scared the life out of me!"

"Sorry, forgot to knock," I stated, setting the books on the bedside table.

She slowly stood up and went to the pile of clothes.

"Going somewhere?" I asked.

"I need to find a job," she stated.

Here we go.

"No, the healer said you need a few days rest," I told her.

"Well I'm not resting if I can't relax. Just the thought of sitting here when I could be finding a job sickens me," she argued, pulling out a nice dress.

"I signed the paper saying I would look after you for a few days. You are staying here. I already took the day off," I argued.

She groaned in frustration and set the dress down.

"Fine!" She sighed. "I'm going to take a shower."