Chapter 10: News

One week later

Draco

Hermione and I were eating dinner with light conversation. We were talking about a case I have with a vampire when Hermione suddenly cried in pain.

I froze and looked at her, unsure if I was just imagining it.

She held her stomach.

"Draco! Help!"

She yelped loudly.

I rushed to her side.

"Hermione?!"

Her eyes closed and she started screaming. I quickly picked her up and apparated to St Mungos.

Many eyes were on me as I carried Hermione in the hospital.

"I need a healer!" I shouted.

A man in light blue clothes rushed up to me, put a silencing charm on Hermione, and took her from my arms.

"What's her name?" He asked.

"Hermione Granger," I replied.

He nodded and bolted.

A nurse came up to me.

"Sir, please wait in the waiting area, one of the best healers here is tending the Ms. Granger," she told me.

I nodded and sat down.

~*~*~

It was a few hours before a nurse came and brought me to Hermione's room.

I was shocked to see her still writhing in pain. She had a silencing charm still but she was obviously hurt.

"Why is she still in pain?! She should be better?!" I yelled.

The nurse remained unfased. The healer came in.

"Sir, I'm assuming your the father?" He asked me.

"What does that have to do with anything?!"

"Sir, please sit and answer the question," the healer asked.

I sat down.

"Yes."

"Are you aware of your Veela heritage?" The healer continued.

"What? I'm not a Veela," I replied.

"No, you're part Veela," the healer corrected. "So only some of the traits are present. In this case, the most dangerous."

"What do you mean?! What's happening to her?!" I asked, getting more and more worried by the second.

"Most male Veela have a trait were when they get their mate pregnant,  within two weeks on conceiving the child, the mother goes through a... Test to see if they are fit to be the Veela's mate. It is usually painful, the woman is always unconscious, like Ms. Granger, and many have died," the healer explained. "It's best if you stay close to her, don't leave her side, but there's nothing we can do."

"So I take her home and wait for the best?" I asked in a strained voice.

"I'm afraid so," the healer replied.

"How long will it last?"

"Anywhere from an hour to a week," the healer stated. "Just... Stay close to her, she will want to be close to you. She will get better faster."

I gently picked up the sobbing girl and apparated home. I took her to my room and laid her in the bed.

"Timmy!" I called.