Chapter 16: Torture

Draco

Hermione started to panic. Her breathing quickly went uneven and she started trembling. I pulled her back to my chest and tried to calm her.

"Shh, it's okay. I won't let-"

I was cut off when I was stunned.

Hermione quickly jumped back and screamed. Another spell hit her, and she fell unconscious. Panic flowed through my veins.

"She's alive, son," Lucius said, coming up from behind me.

I let out a loud snarl.

"Just grab the girl before he breaks the charm again," Bellatrix stated.

"Lucius..." Narcissa started.

My breathing became rough when Lucius grabbed Hermione's arm. I looked up at him with pleading eyes. Narcissa melted under my gaze, but Lucius only gave me a sorry look before grabbing Narcissa and apparating.

Bellatrix approached me and knelt down.

"We won't kill her," she smirked, "only severely mame."

I growled as she stood back and apparated. The spell released me so I drew my wand and tried to track the apparation. They were gone, and I couldn't track them.

I stood up from the dirty ground and apparated to the ministry.

Hermione

I woke when I was slammed on a cold floor.

"Hermione?!" Someone gasped.

I loud noise told me the door slammed shut. I shot up and looked around. A small candle was all the light I needed to identify Harry.

I was suddenly pulled into a hug.

"Harry?!" I gasped.

"Hermione, I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry," Harry said quickly.

"What-"

"Ron told me everything. He wanted to go with a clean slate, and I'm sorry I ever believed him," Harry whimpered, holdinme tighter.

"Wait... What do you mean, 'go with a clean slate?'" I asked.

"He died yesterday. The torture went to far," Harry explained, his voice shook like an old shack in a windstorm.

I was silent as the realization hit me. Ron died. He's gone, forever.

I felt the baby kick, making Harry jump back unbelievably fast.

"What was that?!" He gasped.

"Harry, calm down please."

"Your stomach just poked me!"

I laughed, "Harry, it's okay-"

"What happened?! Are you sic-"

"I'm pregnant, Harry!" I blurted.

The room went silent. The door suddenly slammed open so Harry shoved me behind him. I didn't like how he was protecting me, but I had to protect my baby.

Bellatrix marched in and flicked her wand. Harry was suddenly against the far wall. She then tried to grab my arm. I tried to fight, I really did; she was simply stronger than me.

I was dragged out of the small room and into another. I taught with everything I had when I saw the room. It was a full on torture chamber.

"No!" I yelled, fighting her.

Out of nowhere, Lucius grabbed my hair and dragged me to a chair. I swung fists and kicks as he tried to tie me up.

"Stop before I cut that thing right out of your stomach!" He growled.