Chapter two

The next day I walk through the courtyard soaking in the sunlight. I see Elladan, he makes a sign to come to him, I comply. He says smiling, "Would you like to go hunting with me? It's a beautiful day."

I smile back at him, "Of course! Can we have a picnic too?"

"Yes, that's a wonderful idea. See you in a hour, with your weapons?" He asks.

"Yes." I say, walking to the kitchen to ask for the picnic to be ready.

We used to hunt together all the time years ago. Something is different now though, Elladan is acting strange. Sometimes distant other times clingy. Like last night, when he put his arm around me...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the hour, I am ready, waiting at the palace gates, picnic basket in one hand, bow in the other. I was early, it's not the hour yet. But Elladan came soon after, eyeing the picnic basket saying, "Ooh, food, I'm starving."

"Lithiwen always makes good food, she has a way with herbs." I say as he starts to lift the lid of the basket and I smack his hand away, "Hey! Not yet!" I say, he makes a face and I start walking past the gates.

He catches up to me, "Lithiwen is the cook right?" He says while trying to get something out of the basket. I give in and hand an apple to him, he smiles appreciatively. "Yes, she is. She is one of my best friends." I say, Elladan has always been part of the higher class of Elves, being the son of Elrond. And his ignorance of this fact of who is the cook is saddens me, Lithiwen is known by everyone I know.

It is apparent that there is a major class difference between us, then I think we are friends, no more than that. I slightly blush at my mental mistake.