Chapter four

Elrond has been worried about the eastern Elven realm of Greenwood, now renamed Mirkwood, so he wants some of us to travel there. And he wants us to drop off lady Arwen, in Lothlorien, with her grandmother lady Galadriel. I have never been that far east, so I volunteer, to get get my mind clear. It has been days since Elledan had confronted me, I have not talked to him since.

As the group gathers by the eastern gates, I see Elladan, he smiles at me while talking to his sister, Arwen. She sees this and looks over to me, and makes a motion to join. I walk over and say, "Hello lady Arwen," I say smiling, and I nod to Elladan. "You are joining us then to Lothlorien?" Arwen asks. "I am not planning to stay in Lorien, I'm going with the group to Mirkwood." I answer her. She smiles and says, "My brother here, is going to Mirkwood as well, though Elrohir is staying in Lorien with me." She is referring to her other brother, I have only seen him a few times.

I look at Elladan, silent as Arwen was talking, I still don't know what to think of him.

Someone calls for us to start traveling, and in a day we are almost over the Misty Mountains.

I catch up to Elladan in the fading light and I say, "I am still thinking, Elladan, I am not taking this lightly. And now that I am thinking of it, I do realize all those hints you were giving me... I hadn't noticed until now. I am sorry for that.." He looks over at me, and takes my hand beside him, "Tell me when you decide, I suppose that when I said it, it seemed abrupt. If you didn't know how I felt for you until then, I understand." He says, and I smile, he has his father in him, wise and goodhearted. Then I think, does lord Elrond know? I ask and he says that almost everyone knows. I laugh and say, "Everyone knew except me!" I sigh, "I am so sorry, I was so oblivious." I chuckle softly, I look like a fool.

Elladan still is holding my hand, he doesn't say anything, we keep walking like this until the party decided to call it a night.