Chapter 14: Going with the plan

Hey! Sorry for the long wait! I had to gather my thoughts because I couldn't concentrate to write something good. Something that you deserve. Anyways, this chapter contains a surprise.

Nadia's dress on the side!

Enjoy reading! Sorry for any mistakes! :)

Owen's POV

''Okay, Owen. You can do this. She is just a woman.'' I said to myself.

A woman who hates my guts and prefers to get burnt than talk to me. But I promised Alexander to help him. After all, he had helped me many times and he got me out of trouble. However, I didn't agree with him. Evelyn would never steal. Let alone from Alexander. I have seen the way she looks at him. She is in love with my best friend, who is too blind to see it. I have this feeling that when he realizes it, it will be too late. 

Well, I can't deny the fact that Nadia is gorgeous today. Maybe it won't be hard. This is the first time that a woman doesn't fall for my charm and I find it quite exciting. My job will be much more interesting. I will admit that she stirs something in me. It has been too long since a woman managed to do it. Now that I think it better, she is the first one.

I took one deep breath and walked towards her. She was talking to one of the guests and by the time I had gone to her, that person had left. It's now or never.

''Hi, Nadia.'' I said as soon as I came in front of her.

''Hello, Owen.'' she replied smiling.

Gone was the glare she was usually giving me and gone was that frown on her face every time she met me. Instead, there were in their places beautiful brown eyes and a breathtaking smile. I guess today was a special day and I better use this opportunity.

''We did a good job, didn't we?'' I asked gesturing around.

''Yes. Even though I did most of the work.'' she said playfully.

''Yeah? Who was the one who drove around Boston to find what you wanted?'' I said.

I haven't seen this playful side of her except when she is with Evelyn. It suits her better.

''I guess you did something, too, Owen.'' Nadia said.

The way my name left her lips had my blood pumping hard in my veins. My eyes fell on her mouth. I had the sudden desire to kiss those lips. I guess I can't deny it anymore. I am attracted to her.

''They were a beautiful couple, weren't they?'' she asked referring to Alexander and Evelyn.

''Yes. They are made for each other. She is the perfect woman for my best friend.'' I said.

It will be perfect if my friend noticed it, too. He has to move on from the past. Life is too short to dwell on the past. 

''You didn't strike me as the romantic type.'' Nadia exclaimed sounding shocked.

''Is that a bad thing?'' I asked her.

''No. Not at all.'' she muttered.

We continued talking. I found out that she is a talkative person and her thoughts are interesting and refreshing.The guests started leaving until only the hotel staff, Nadia and I were left.

''I better get going. I have a bus to catch.'' Nadia said.

''Let me drop you off.'' I offered.

I had to make her fall in love with me. However, knowing her a character a little, it'll take more effort than any other time I seduced a woman. Things will progress slowly and I'll take one step at a time. What better of dropping her at her house as a first move?