The Beginning Of Recovery

21,000 reads and 90 followers. You guys are awesome.

I am meeting some really nice people and having great conversations with them. I have talked to someone from New Zealand and some one from America and the Philippines. it is amazing.

Thank you for the lovely comments of the support and for just deciding to read my story.

I am starting a little thing to the end of the story where I will tell you one fact about me and if you want you can comment a similar fact about yourself.

So,

First Fact: I play three instruments. Flute (for five years), piano (for 4 and a half years) and Clarinet (for 1 and a half years).

Vote, Comment, Follow,

Enjoy,

Chloe x

Chapter 29

                I sighed at the thought of going to the funerals. The guilt seemed to consume me. I don’t know. If things were different, if he wasn’t my father. Maybe I would have felt differently. I know I had gained favour with the pack but forever he would be known as my father. I was single handily raised by my father surrounded by a rogue pack culture. I can see why people can be worried.

                Xander held out his hand and I took hold of it, nearly sighing out in the pleasure I felt from it. Xander smiled at me warmly as we made our way towards the door. We took it slow because while my leg was better we didn’t want it agitating and becoming even worse than it already was. We didn’t speak much. We just enjoyed the company we had with one another.

                Xander and I took it steady down the corridor that led to the staircases that went to the ground floor and entrance. People were moving about below us and they were all dressed in black too. Everyone was going to the funerals to pay their respects to the fallen warriors who risked their lives in order to save the pack.

                Everyone was truly grateful for their sacrifice.  

                “Ignore my mum. She is grieving. She will come to understand,” Xander spoke, as he helped me make my way down the steps.

                “I know. It isn’t the easiest thing to tell her how I killed her child,” I replied.

                “Jamie was a traitor. He would have killed you to keep his power, “ Xander replied, as he helped me down a step.

                “Don’t you grieve for him? Don’t you grieve for Jamie?” I asked him, getting a little concerned.

                “Why would I grieve for him? He handed Molly over to the rogues. He co-ordinated the attack on the pack house. He made sure you were handed over and watched you while you were hung up and beaten. Why would I feel grief for him?” Xander spat angrily.

                I stopped us on the first floor landing refusing to go further down the stairs. I looked at Xander sternly and crossed my arms. Xander knew what I was going to say.