The Basic Formula for Wattpad Success

For the record, I do want to say that there is, in fact a formula that works (for now at least) and I think I've distilled it into a few basic things. 

And the best part is, that the formula DOES work. For mostly anyone. Unless you are an absolutely terrible writer with a completely unoriginal story. Now, this does not apply if you are a FanFic Writer. If you are, the formula will work EVEN better because you DON'T even have to have an original story.

I'm going to update this book gradually and expose all the secrets I know (because yes, there are TONS of secrets that anyone can do once they know it).

Why am I doing this? Because I want to level the playing field a bit and give others a fair chance at cracking the code. There are too many good writers here that do not receive the recognition they deserve. :)

What are the little things? That's for another day. For instance...do you know what the best time to update on WP is? How about the best day? How about the WORST time? And the worst day? How about understanding WP's ranking algorithm? How about understanding WP's audience? There are literally hundreds of variables. But it all starts with the formula. So that is where we'll start. :)

Note that this book is for PROMOTING your stories so they get a better chance of being read. For actual writing tips, there are tons of other books and threads on the topic.

This book is strictly a "how do I get more reads" book. Because I don't think there are enough of these with an honest-to-goodness expose of the secrets. And stay tuned. I plan to update. A LOT. :)

Oh, and do ask the questions. I aim to answer as honestly and truthfully. Let's lift the veil, shall we? :)

So, without further ado, here's what I've found in my own experience gets the reads (In ORDER):

1) Interesting/attractive cover - you need them to click on your book to begin with. A nice, interesting cover will do that for you. You can find several people who are willing to do free covers on these forums.

2) Interesting title. Try and let the reader know what to expect from the book in the title. The title should convey two essential things. A) My work is ORIGINAL B) My work is so interesting, you SHOULD read it.

3) Compelling Synopsis. This, in the end is what will get them to read your first chapter.

4) Strong Opening Chapter. No boring stuff here. If possible, hook them in with a strong opening paragraph.

5) Good overall story. This will ensure you get a steady amount of reads.

More to come shortly. :D