Chapter 4

The Tables Have Turned

Chapter 4

“Fifteen x?” I guessed and Mr. Jack shook his head.

“Fourteen x?” I guessed again with a lower, squeakier voice and he shook his head again, looking amused.

“Twelve x?” He just shook his head again. When I was thinking of a different answer, he spoke.

“There’s no ‘x’ in the whole equation, Hailey,” he said and the whole class burst out laughing. I blushed and smiled sheepishly.

“Told you I was bad at this,” I said and he chuckle.

He then proceeded to explain this complicated equation that had at least five letters and twenty numbers. Math is numbers not letters!

The bell rang soon and thankfully I didn’t embarrass myself another time.

“Haileyyy,” Chase said, dragging out the y and I gave him a funny look.

“We have sports now,” he said, looking excited.

I groaned. “Do I have to?”

“Yes,” he said nodding “Don’t you like sports?”

“No,” I answered honestly and he gasped dramatically making me roll my eyes.

“I love sports!” he said.

“Good to know,” I muttered and started sulking as we walked out of class with our sports clothes. I followed the rest of the class to the sports hall. Our sports teacher was really young – around 22 – with a lot of muscles.

He told us to change our clothes in the dressing rooms and we complied. I walked with the rest of the girls to the changing rooms and I put on my sweatpants and white T-shirt. I stood in front of the mirror to tie my hair up in a ponytail and gasped.

“This shirt is completely see-through!” I exclaimed, horrified, as my blue bra was showing clearly.

“Chase and Emily didn’t tell you?” Mariah said, smirking at me.

“They must’ve forgotten,” I said and I noticed that all the girls had tank tops underneath the white shirt “Does anyone have an extra top?”

They all shook their heads but they laughed nonetheless.

“I can’t go out like that,” I said embarrassedly.

“Oh the guys are going to love this,” Stephany said amusedly.