Chapter thirteen

Andres POV

When I woke up, the first thing that I realised was that my head was killing me, it was like a fire had build up in my skull and it was growing more prominent by the second.

On top of that, the sun was blaring down on my skin irritatingly and the sound of tweeting birds outside was louder than any banshee scream.

Not long after waking up, I found that there was a soft feeling underneath me, where I was laying, and a warmth on my left side, close to my chest.

Despite being unaware of what they were, since I didn't remember anything from last night, those two things almost numbed the aching pain of the hangover I was feeling. 

I couldn't be bothered to open my eyes and look around me, I was far too tired for that. Not to mention that the banging in my head was slowly fading away and I didn't want to move and suddenly be sick.

I had planned to continue sleeping, because if I knew anything about hangovers, more sleep would cure my aching body. And it seemed like a good idea considering I had never felt more relaxed than I did in that moment, but despite my half asleep state, slight movement to my left caught my attention.

It was a sort of shuffling motion moving up my torso, it was as faint as a breeze but noticeable still.

Not a moment later, I felt a hand moving to rest of the left side of my chest, just over my racing heart. I had completely tensed up, and I wasn't at all relaxed by the sound of snoring that I could hear, throwing out the window any prospect of me going back to sleep.

It was faint and feminine, so I knew straight away that it was a women beside me. That didn't really help to calm my nerves because I couldn't even begin to guess who it was. I didn't remember having invited any of my female relatives round and I had little to no female friends.

A part of me hoped that it was Lena laying beside me, but I knew that wouldn't be possible. After all she hated me now.

Despite knowing that, I felt like my brain was trying to tell me otherwise. Images of Lena, in circumstances that I didn't recognise, flashed through my mind quickly.

I felt teased and mocked and I suddenly had a determination to prove that it wasn't Lena laying by my side. If only to put myself out of this misery of hope.

So I opened my eyes. I blinked...blinked...and blinked again.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It seemed impossible to comprehend as true but it was right in front of me, clear as day.

I looked at her sleeping face for what seemed like forever before I finally shook out of my shocked state and sat up straight, running a hand through my dark and messy hair.

She was mumbling quietly to herself, it was all nonsense but I couldn't help but find it endearing and sweet.

I so desperately wanted to ask her why? Why was she here? Why hadn't she been talking to me? Why...did she hate me? But more than anything I wanted her to stay, so I didn't wake her up, instead I cuddled up closer to her, not taking for granted what little time I might have with her.

She moved closer to me and I smiled, I didn't know how long this was going to last, so I tried to make every second count.
                                       * * *
When I woke up again, the sun had gotten even brighter. My head was feeling significantly better however I was feeling terribly hot, almost as if I had a fever. It was throughout my body and the covers and body leaning on me were not helping with the heat.

So with much, much consideration and resentment, I got out of bed, leaving Lena to sleep peacefully by herself.

Sighing away the tiredness from my head, I ran my hand down my face and over my jaw. I couldn't understand why I was so tired or lacked so much energy, but I was struggling to keep myself upright.