Chapter 2 : The Bite

UAt Hotel Dumort,

Raphael stood, bewildered, in front of Alexander Lightwood, the first born of the infamous Lightwoods of the New York Institute. Alec was standing in the middle of the room, his shoulders swung back with the kind of confidence that only a Shadowhunter could have while being surrounded by vampires.

Currently, he wasn't too fond of the Lightwoods after the whole yinfen incident with Isabelle. And the fact that the Lightwood sibling standing before him had beaten him up without warning after finding out about Raphael's dealings with his sister didn't quite help the cause either.

"If this is about your sister's condition-" Raphael began but was interrupted quickly by Alec.

"This isn't about Izzy" He said her sister's name softly with a touch of reverence, the kind of tone you'd use of on a beloved memory of some sort.

"This..." Alec continued, his voice growing for firm, "This is about me"

Raphael stared at him. The room was silent and each vampire's gaze was on the Shadowhunter. Almost every vampire in the building was gathered in this room, all curious to see why a Shadowhunter had turned up at the doors of Hotel Dumort close to midnight, demanding to meet Raphael Santiago.

"Well?" Raphael asked when Alec didn't continue, "What is it you want my help with?"

"I....." Alec trailed off.

For the first time since the ordeal had begun, Raphael saw hesitation in the young Shadowhunter's eyes. Suddenly he shook himself, awaking out a daze and a blue flame flickered in his eyes, his jaw set in determination as he met Raphael's gaze.

"I need you to turn me into a vampire"

_____________________________________________________________

Back at the Institute,

Jace rushed into the building and found Isabelle waiting for him in the hallway, already in her gear, her whip curled around her arm. She wore thigh high boots, black leather shorts, a black short sleeved shirt and as always her bright red necklace on hanging from her neck.

"Gear up. Let's go" she told him as soon as he entered.

"Nice to see you too" Jace muttered as he raced over to his room to pull on his usual gear. He grabbed a few seraph blades from the armoury and raced back to meet Isabelle who was pacing back and forth impatiently.

"Let's go" He told her and they exited the Institute just as a group of Shadowhunters entered.

"I called them back from the search to watch the Institute while we're gone" Isabelle told him as they left the group after a brief conversation.

"Did Alec say anything about where he might be?" Asked Jace, gazing out at the wide expanse of the city before them.

"He lied the first two times I asked, so I doubt he's gonna start telling the truth now" replied Isabelle, her eyes dark and determined as she handed him one of Alec's shirts, "Thats why we need to track him without him noticing it" _____________________________________________________________

Alec met Raphael's gaze head on as the vampire gaped at him. The entire room was quiet for a moment and then a symphony of whispers broke out across the watching crowd of vampires. Alec caught bits of their conversations.

What's going on?

Maybe it's a trap.

He's a Lightwood. His parents were members of the Circle. They hate downworlders.