Chapter 22

Hey readers,

Well here is the next update, I was mighty proud at how quickly I had managed to get it up but I have to say it is down to all your commenting and voting so thanks so much. Anyway, I was pleased that you all seemed to enjoy the last chapter so much, I know you’re all eager for Holly’s old pack to be punished for their actions towards her but I’m going to concentrate on Adrian and Holly more at the moment but it will come up in later chapters I promise.

Thanks again, don’t forget to continue to show me your support and enjoyment since I love to read how well it’s going down or if I need to step up my game. Sorry for any errors you might come across, but hope you enjoy the really long chapter since I plan to make more in the future.

Lots of love

XXX

Chapter 22

Adrian’s Pov

I could practically feel how nervous my girl was, her hands wringing in front of her as she kept close to me as we walked down the stairs. The pack had come back a few hours ago but it was only now that Holly had worked up the courage to follow me down the stairs to meet them, her body pressing so close against mine that I couldn’t help but love the contact. I knew that everything would be alright; it was the only reason I was giving her the gentle push to do this since I knew that it would work out better for everyone, including herself.

“You ready?” I asked her, watching her eyes widen in nervousness and fear as she pressed herself further against me. I didn’t like seeing her acting so scared, but I was hoping beyond hope that it wouldn’t last long.

“They won’t hurt you sweetheart, they’ll like you I promise” I continued, seeing her nod hesitantly before we reached the last step. Reaching out I helped her down even though it was unnecessary, just wanting the touch she allowed me to have as I wrapped my arm around her waist and lead her towards the living room where everyone was already waiting for us.

“Adrian” I heard my mate whimper, the sound making my heart clench as I paused mid-step and gently took her face between my hands. Running my thumbs soothingly over her cheeks I looked her in the eye, giving her what I hoped to be a reassuring smile as I did so.

“You’ll be fine, I’m not going to leave your side ok” I reassured her, getting a blank look in return much to my disappointment. I hid it from my face through, pressing a gentle kiss to her forehead before tugging her into the living room where she was suddenly centre of attention. She squirmed; trying to hide behind me as I took note of each and every pack mate staring at her like a wolf would their alpha female. With protectiveness, concern and hope that she would pay them some attention. It was just how it worked; her being the female alpha of such a closely knit pack meant that their wolves would be silently begging for her attention. Apart from the feelings a wolf felt for their mate, this was the next most addicting feeling and she had just become their drug. 

“Everyone, this is my mate Holly. Holly this is our pack” I introduced, the fact I used the term ‘our’ seemingly missing her attention as she continued to stay behind me where she clearly felt safest. I could feel her face buried into my bare back, the fact I was shirtless no longer bothering her as she pulled me closer. I didn’t mind, but I disliked how uncomfortable she seemed.

“Hello” I heard her whisper as a greeting, though she didn’t move from behind me as the sound of her soft voice caused a number of my pack to smile reassuringly at her in return as they all replied with a hello or a hi.