Chapter 28

Hey readers,

Short authors note just to thank you for the support you have given me. With that here is the next chapter and I am pleased to note that I managed to get it up surprisingly quickly so yay to me. Sorry about any errors, I was in a rush putting it up but enjoy.

Lots of love

xxx

Chapter 28

Adrian’s Pov

“Holly, sweetheart” I smiled as I tried to get her attention as she finished placing the finishing touches on the lemon and cream cake she had just spent the last hour making. I had a feeling it had taken longer than usual due to Jakes apologies for startling her every time he caught sight of the bandage on her arm, not to mention his continuous questions on what she was doing and how she was doing it. It was incredibly amusing.

The finished cake though I had to admit looked and smelled amazing, it being made up of two layers with a creamy filling before Holly had taken her time with covering the whole surface and sides of the cake with a lemony buttercream.

In addition to that she had decorated it with deep swirls and she had even gone as far as to make delicate hand-made yellow roses which she positioned on the cake making it look as if it had been made by a chief who had years of experience. I had to admit I was more than a little proud of her.

Glancing at the clock I took note that it was in fact quite late, Holly as well as myself still in our sleepwear while everyone else had gone to get ready. Due to us meeting Jakes mate for the first time first impressions always counted, and the fact Annie was a human meant that it was up Jake to decide when to break it to her about the whole wolf thing. I could order him to of course, but I would only do so if I thought there was no other choice. I had no need to do so though, so he could take as long as he needed and wanted before spilling the beans to the red-head.

The fact she was a human didn’t bother any of the pack, I mean why should it when he had found his own happily ever after? It didn’t change the fact that when she had a child with Jake it would inherit the gene since it would, the pack generally didn’t care either way that both of its parents wouldn’t be werewolves and only one would.

Shaking my head I tried to get Holly’s attention again, this time getting it instantly as she placed the last yellow rose in the centre of the cake before grinning in triumph. “Yes, Adrian?”

“Come on sweetheart, we need to get dressed” I told her as I got out of my seat, holding my hand out which she instantly took hold of.

“Ok. You may want to put that in the fridge, Jake” she told him with a smile as I wrapped my arms around her waist, hearing her giggle as I nipped at her neck.  

“Alright, thanks Holly” Jake grinned as he did just that, growling at anyone who came within an inch of him as they laughed at his careful actions. I had to admit it would be a shame if he ended up dropping the cake, especially when Holly had gone to the effort to make it for him.

With that I swept Holly’s giggling form into my arms before heading upstairs, simply loving the feel of her wrapped around me as I lead her towards my bedroom before reluctantly placing her on her feet while making sure to hold her waist so she didn’t lose her balance.

“Thanks” she beamed widely.

“You’re welcome” I winked before heading to my closet, grabbing out a red button down shirt and a pair of black jeans.

I was brought of out my musings when I took note of Holly standing there awkwardly, her hands clasped in front of her as she bit her lip in a gesture which I knew meant she was nervous. “You alright?”