Chapter 15

Dean and Castiel walk over to the rest of the group, who finally got together at some point in the time. There's a lot of screaming and hugs involved in their reunion, which lasts about a minute or two before it's just like old times.

"How's college going for you guys?" Castiel asks them all. Well, not Dean, because he's out of college, but whatever.

"Awesome," Sam replies. "Law's surprisingly easy."

"I'm on the verge of failing all my classes," Gabriel adds. "I'm barely going to pass the finals when they come."

"I'm sure you'll do great," Sam assures him. "I'll help you study and everything."

"We're not even taking the same courses," Gabriel reminds him. Gabriel opted to study engineering instead, because he didn't think he could make it as a lawyer.

"Doesn't matter. I'll help you anyway."

"I ship it," Charlie whispers.

"We all ship it, Charlie," Castiel replies. "How are things going for you? Find anyone else to ship?"

"Not really," Charlie admits. "No one's as cute as Destiel and Sabriel. It's hard to ship now, when my last two ships are so perfect."

"Where are you going to college, anyway?" Gabriel asks her.

"South Dakota State," she replies. "Same as Donna and Garth. Ooh, and Samandriel now. None of us felt like moving, I guess."

"But you seemed way too happy to move away," Donna adds as if more offended than she is, giving Castiel an jokingly accusing look.

"In my defense, studies show that staying in your hometown for your whole life is bad," Castiel tells her. Or so a headline said. He, like the author who saw the same headline, didn't bother reading the article.

"Not when you're eighteen," Gabriel replies. "You moved out before me."

"Only by, like, a month," Castiel adds. "But I did it for my own sanity. I mean, I could only listen to so much Bee Movie before I had to get out."

"I can't believe he still does that," Donna laughs.

"He's gonna be eighty years old with Alzheimer's and all he'll remember is the Bee Movie script," Charlie jokes.

"It's beginning to look that way," Gabriel agrees.

No one's sure what to say after this, so Sam asks Harry and Ed, "Hey, how's Ghostfacers going?"

"We're catching ghosts left and right," Harry says proudly.

"Well, finding," Ed clarifies. "We're not actually catching them. But yeah. We're finding ghosts."

"Cool," Sam replies, and it's clear to everyone but the Ghostfacers themselves that he's humoring them. "Any footage of them yet?"

"A ton," Ed replies. "Every step of our hunts is on video."

"I'm surprised I haven't seen them in the news," Donna replies. "I mean, if you have proof that you found a ghost..."

Harry and Ed share a look before the latter replies, "Some people seem to think its not the most... concrete evidence; that's it's not convincing enough. But we know what we saw. They're definitely ghosts."

"I'm sure it is," Garth agrees, not buying it either.

"Castiel!" some random girl that Castiel doesn't recognize comes up to him.

"Hi?" Castiel replies, sort of a question of whether he should know who this is.

"Can I get a selfie?" she asks. "Please? Just one?"

"No," Dean says immediately. "We're talking here. Fuck off."

Castiel sighs. "Dean, I got it." He turns back to the girl. "Sure."

"Cas!" Dean whines.

"What? You're not in it," Castiel replies, possibly a bit ruder than necessary.

The girl snaps a couple pictures with him, Dean watching the whole time with a disapproving expression.

"Thank you so much!" the girl squeals.

"No problem," Castiel replies.

The girl leaves, but Castiel doesn't have time to turn back to the group before another group of four girls run up to him, evidently deciding that if that person could get a selfie, everyone can get selfies. Naturally, Castiel has to let them take selfies, which results in more people wanting selfies, until just about everyone in the building has had a selfie with him. Fun fun. Not. So that was two hours of his life he'll never get back.

By now, it's six o'clock, Castiel has had to make faces at various cameras for too damn long, his friends have all disappeared on him, and he's just done. Screw the next two hours of this reunion. Castiel, out.