Chapter 81

Castiel and Lucifer walk onstage together, the former slightly in front while his brother looks around. They sit down, with Castiel in the seat closest to Jody and Lucifer next to him.

"Welcome back, Castiel, and welcome in general, Lucifer," she greets them.

"Thanks for having me back," Castiel replies. He glances at Lucifer, who seems to be mesmerized by the audience. He elbows his brother in the ribs, regaining his attention. "You look like you just saw a ghost."

"No, I just saw a unicorn," Lucifer tells him, not sarcastically at all. "I guess he got out of the hotel room."

"I honestly don't know how to respond to that," Castiel replies.

"I know. Anyway, blame Marv for distracting me."

"'Marv'?" Castiel and Jody repeat at once.

"My unicorn," Lucifer clarifies.

"Your... You know what? I'm not even going to ask," Jody says.

"Good idea," Castiel replies. "The sooner you learn to just roll with it, the easier this whole thing will be."

"Noted," she replies. "Anyways, congrats on four million subscribers, Lucifer."

"Thanks," he replies. "It was tough, getting all four million of them. You know, being Castiel's brother and basically having him hand my all my subscribers on a silver platter is really hard."

"He may have gotten the word out, but the rest is all you," Jody replies, just as Castiel has been saying since day one.

"Why thank you, m'lady," he replies, tipping an imaginary fedora. The audience cheers, and he grins. "Hey, look, the famsquad is here!"

"The famsquad?" Jody repeats.

"Jacksfilms?" Lucifer tries again.

"What?"

"Isn't that the guy Adam and Samandriel keep arguing about?" Castiel asks.

"That he is," Lucifer replies. "I should force you to watch his videos with me. You know what? Tonight, I'm hooking my laptop up to the tv and you, me, and Dean are having a Jacksfilms marathon."

"But Divergent!" Castiel whines.

"We watched that last night. Finish the series again on your own time. Jacksfilms always comes first."

"I have a feeling I'm going to regret this."

"Unfortunately for you, I'm not giving you a choice. Jacksfilms for teh win!"

"Oh god, save me," he whispers. "Anyways, back to the conversation we should be having." He looks pointedly at Jody, silently signaling that they're done with their side conversation.

"Well, I have to ask about Dean," she says. He knows she wouldn't have asked about him, had he not posted about Dean on multiple occasions over the last week or so on various social media sites. "What's up with you two? I need the whole story."

"The 'whole story' goes back six years," Castiel tells her. "You really want the whole story?"

"Yes!"

"Okay, now I gotta figure out exactly where to start."

"I'll start!" Lucifer says excitedly. "The tale of Destiel is one full of ships and more ships and even more ships and even more ships and rainbows! 'Kay, your turn!"