Chapter 3

"What did you say Ms.Avery?" Mr. Fisher sounding shocked at what she said. Shit, I'm shocked too. I couldn't have gotten a little memo that she was going to say that.

"I said Damon likes Jaz. That's what we were talking about. Right Jaz?" I turn to her with wide eyes. She gives me a look that says just go with it. I turn back to Mr. Fisher.

"Oh yes-yes, of course we were talking about that. That us what you asked us to say, right?"

Before Mr. Fisher can interrogate us even further, the sound of the bell rings through our ears, signaling for us to leave class. I slowly turn to Avery, giving her a hard glare. Does she not know what she has done?!?!

"What?" I roll my eyes and grab her hand, pulling her put of the school, not before I grab my bag. As we go through the halls, kids look our way, or I should say my way. Some give me shocked looks, some give me the dirtiest glare they can give, I even heard someone mention I said that just for attention. I didn't even say it though! Well kind of.....whatever! Once we get to my old car, I turn to Avery's direction pissed off.

"What the hell do you mean what?!? You just told our freaking class that Damon likes me!" She shrugs her shoulders as if I were talking about the weather! This is serious! Damon is not someone you should mess with. He's not social with many people, except Blake, his best friend. If you turn him off the wrong way, he'll come after you. You would then be on his target radar, and not the good one.

"I didn't lie when I said this, you know". I look up at her with intrigued eyes, slightly getting closer to her. This is a true statement. Avery never lies. Ever. Ever since 2nd grade, when we met, she has never disowned me in any way, especially what happened in 7th grade when... That's not Tue point right now!

"What do you mean Avery?"

"I mean.... Remember yesterday when I had to stay after school for detention?" I think for a minute, my eyes furrowing in confusion, until I feel the sudden realization hit me like a tone of bricks. Apparently, our science teacher, Mr. Ross hates people talking in his class, so yesterday when we were talking in class, he only caught Avery talking, resulting in her having a detention. I know, very stupid.

"Yea, I remember. Why?" I question her. She let's out a breath before continuing, as if she were nervous to say the rest. She leans against the trunk of my car.

"Well when I was walking out of detention, I went to my locker to get s few things, but that's when I heard hushed voices speaking. Me being the curious one, I closed my locker and eavesdropped on the people who were talking, them being Damon and Blake. And ...... They were talking about you." I give her a questioning look. Why in the hell were they talking about me?

"How so?" I question. Again, she inhales and exhales a breath of air.

"Damon was talking about like, "I don't know if I can go through this. I've never been through thus before. She's making it difficult" Then out of nowhere, Damon shows Blake a picture of you. He also said something like, "I can't let her find out. It'll ruin everything." It was just really weird Jaz. I think they're hiding something. And sooner or later, you're going to be involved in it."

I just stood there, leaning against trunk of the car, like Avery, and just think. This is so confusing. Why would they be talking about me anyway? Then I think back to why we were talking about this.

"But how do you know he likes me? He could have been talking about something else... Right?" She gives me a shrug with her shoulders, starting to walk to her car.

"I don't know Jaz. When he mentioned you, he had this weird look in his eyes, as if he enjoyed talking about you, so I assumed he liked you." I blanch at this. But she's not completely sure if he does, therefore starting a rumor for the school to talk about!