Chapter 14

I would like to shout out EeZyBrEeZy, layshawn, and twistedreader37 for reading my book and showing love💕

**

I look in Damon's direction, him watching my mom get the door with wide eyes. His jaw was clenched, hands gripping our fake silverware, sweat starting to form on his forehead. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. What's wrong with him? Why does he look...mad...nervous? Looking in Nancy's, his mother's way, she had turned pale.

I try to look to get Damon's attention, but he doesn't do anything. He just sits there... waiting. Before I question on any further, I hear a deep masculine voice ring through our house, making me snap my head in the direction.

"Oh... uh h-hi! I'm R-Rose, I'm guessing your-".

"I'm Adam, her husband." He says in a cold voice. He doesn't really look at my mother, just looks at Nancy as if she had broken the most biggest rule of all. He stands in a black suit, with his dark hair gelled back.

He's almost like an older version of Damon. He has his strong built and killer dark hair, which is slowly growing gray on the sides. The only thing he probably took from his mother is his eyes and skin tone. Adam is more tan.

But something feels weird. Something feels out of place.

I feel like I've seen this man before...

Maybe that's why my mom is stone cold nervous in front of this man. She probably knows him... But how? How could she know him?

I slowly get up from my seat, making Damon's eyes snap to me. He almost gives me a warning look, telling me not to go up to him. There's something in his his eyes that I've never seen before. Something that he won't tell me.

What is he hiding from me?

Adam walks into the house without thanking my mother and sits in the seat I was in not even two seconds ago. He continues to look at his wife with that scary look, while she gives a pleading look to him.

Damon on the other hand just throws him daggers with his eyes, since he stole my seat. He goes to say something, but I put my hand up for him to keep quiet and walk over to sit next to Damon.

Here's one thing I know.

I'm not stupid, I can tell this man is no good... but why? What's going on that Damon can't tell Me?

My mother comes back to see me in a different seat. She gives me a confused look until she sees Adam sitting in my seat. She gives me a worried look before sitting back in her seat.

There was an awkward silence in the room, until Adam spoke.

"So, no food?" My mother quickly rushes up to go the the food, mumbling a sorry, making me bite my tongue from saying something rude to him.

He's in our house. He has no freaking right to disrespect us in our own God freaking house. He can't just waltz in here likes he's the king of the world!

I blood boils even hotter at the thought of him being rude to me and my mother!

I'm going to speak to him.

I feel a warm hand on my knee, the thumb rubbing soothing circles on it.

Damon

He's barely touching me and I'm already becoming breathless. I need to get a grip. He comes to my ear, his hot breath fanning my neck, making me slightly shiver.

"I'm sorry about this happening. I really didn't want you to meet my dad, but my mother thought it would be a good idea, well not anymore I guess.." I turn to him and give him a small smile. I out my hand over his and squeeze it a little, as if saying it's ok.

I look in Nancy's direction and see her and Adam in a very heated conversation. My mother comes with a hoy plate of food, making me hungry again all the sudden. She places it in front of Adam, making him stop talking. He begins eating, without even saying thank you, making me mad again.

I gotta speak up.

"Do you like the food Mr..." I say without thinking. Adam look up at me with a raised brow and takes a sip of his, oh wait, I mean our wine before answering.

"Richards. Adam Richards." Everybody but Adam looks at me as if I just grown three heads.

Is there something I should know?

He looks at my face for a minute, almost inspecting it, making me uncomfortable.

"You know, you look familiar girl."

"Jasmine." I interrupt.

"Jasmine, you and your mother look very familiar to me actually."

"It's time to go, right Adam?" Nancy intergects, giving Adam a warning look. My mother still looks at him nervous. Why is she so nervous? This is not the mother I know...

What the hell is going on here?!

Damon abruptly stands up, giving Adam a mean glare.

"Dad, stop." Adams eyes snap to Damon. He then slowly stands, giving all of us a challenging evil look.

"Oh I remember now... Rose right?" I look to my mother, who gives him a slight nod.

"What the hell going on?! Am I missing something here?!" I blurt out. Adam's attention comes to me, giving me a glare.

"You better watch your mouth girl."

"Or what? This is our freaking house, not yours! Stop acting like you're the freaking boss of everyone!" Damon grabs my arm firmly, giving me a warning look which means stop. I can see something else...worry?

Adam goes up to my mom, her slightly shrinking back in fear.

"You better teach your child some damn manners. Remember, you owe me. I helped you out when you needed it. It would be sad to see Ethan come back, would it?"

What?!

***
Yooooooooooo.... 1k reads?!!?!?!?! Dayuuuuummmmmm I'm shook!! I'm literally soooo happy right now, I could cry!!

THANK you everyone!!!!! All of you guys helped me get this far.

Imma try to update as soon as I can. Possibly tomorrow since I'm in such a good right now!!