23. No, I Don't Want Your Chocolate Cake! Well, Maybe Just A Bite...

Chapter 22

No, I Don’t Want Your Chocolate Cake!  Well, Maybe Just A Bite…

I know that when you’re in captivity, you should eat whatever food you’re given, no matter how meager the portions.  I think I had one of the better captors, even if it was Edmund.

“You have to be hungry after barely touching your dinner last night,” he said to me as we sat at the table in front of the bay window in the hotel room. 

I shook my head, trying not to look at the three carts of food he had brought in from room service.  “I’m fine,” I said, but my stomach betrayed me by growling loudly. 

Edmund chuckled, taking a sip of his glass of orange juice.  “You are, are you?” he asked.  “Are you sure?  Because I would say your stomach says otherwise.”

“I’m sure.”

He chuckled again, taking a bite of his toast.  “I had some comfortable clothes brought for you to wear on the flight to Madrid.  They’re in your room.”

I nodded, not wanting to speak as I looked out the window.

After breakfast, I went back into my room to take a shower and change.  At least I had the right size clothes this time and I wasn’t swimming in them.  After I changed, I walked back out into the living room and sat down at the table again.  There wasn’t any more food and my stomach was still growling.  Maybe I should have ate when I had the chance.

I sat there for another fifteen minutes waiting for Edmund to come back out of his room.  There were only three guys in the living room with me, probably to make sure that I didn’t run.

“Well, are we ready?” Edmund asked, buttoning up the jacket of his suit.  Did the man only wear suits?  “The jet won’t leave until we’re on it.”

I stood up, not saying a word.  I wasn’t going to talk to him as my form of protest.  Yeah, that’s what I’d do!

Edmund just looked at me and nodded.  “Alright, then.  Let’s go,” he said.

I followed him out of the hotel room with two of his guys on either side of me.  They stayed close, all the way down to the lobby and toward the front doors of the hotel.  I felt like I was in a cage. 

We road to the airport in the same limo as the night before.  Edmund’s guys rode in a SUV behind us, keeping just a few feet behind us.  He didn’t say much at first, which I was completely okay with.  But when he started to talk to me, all I wanted to do was hit him.  Who knows what he’d do to me if I did.

“You know, you can be a little livelier like you are with your family,” Edmund said, looking down at his Blackberry.  “You don’t have to stay silent with me.”

“I don’t want to talk to you,” I said, staring out the window.  Yeah, nice going, Callie.  You say you don’t want to talk to the man and yet you do. 

“And why not?” he asked.

I looked over at him, glaring.  “Why do you think?” I asked.  “You kidnapped me!  There’s reason enough right there!”

He just smiled at my reaction.  “There’s that fire I love about you.”

My anger felt like it was going to explode out of me.  “You’re disgusting,” I said, and looked back out the window. 

When we made it to the airport, instead of going through the building, the limo just drove right onto the runway and toward a private jet that was waiting.  As it stopped right in front of the stairs leading up inside, Edmund opened the door and got out. 

“You have to get out now,” he said, leaning back in when I made no move to get out. 

I sat there for another few moments just looking at him before I slowly got out. 

“Good girl,” he said, smiling at me as he shut the limo door. 

“I’m not a dog,” I said, glaring at him again, and headed toward the stares.

The jet was bigger than I originally thought.  It was like a mini version of the first class area on a plane.  There were plush leather seats, two to a row.  In the back was a kitchenette area and I could see three flight attendants checking over everything. 

“Why don’t you sit beside me?” Edmund said as he sat down in one of the leather seats.  He patted the one next to him, looking up at me.

I narrowed my eyes and went toward the back, sitting down in the last row of seats. 

Once I was buckled up, I opened the shade on the little window and looked out just as the jet started toward the runway.  I didn’t pay any attention to the messages made by the captain over the intercom.  I just leaned my head back against the headrest and closed my eyes.  Before I knew it, I was asleep.

It was probably a few hours later when I felt someone shaking my shoulder lightly, trying to get me to wake up.  I jumped, ready to punch whoever was touching me, but that’s when I saw one of the flight attendants smiling kindly down at me.

“I’ve brought you something to eat,” she said, pushing a tray of food in front of me.  “Your stomach was growling so loud we could practically hear it from the back.”

I looked down at the food she’d brought, but more on the chocolate cake.  My mouth started to water.  Fight the temptation, Callie!  Don’t take it!  You’re like Gandhi…though I doubt he never had a delicious looking piece of chocolate cake like that practically shoved in his face.

“Thank you,” I said hoarsely. 

She smiled again before walking back toward the back.

I couldn’t help it.  I had to eat almost everything that was on the tray.  Okay, well, maybe I ate all of what was on it.  I couldn’t help it, though!  I was hungry!

When I was finished with everything, the captain came on over the intercom, saying that we were about to start our decent into Madrid.  I pushed the tray onto the seat next to me and turned to look out the window as I felt the plane start to lower.  I couldn’t have slept for almost the entire flight, could I?  We couldn’t have been there already.

But we were.

And to think about what was coming next…

This should be fun. 

***Sorry for the kinda boring, nothing really happened chapter!  I knew it was going to be like this, though, since it's a filler.  The next chapter should be exciting, though!  Hopefully, I'll have it up soon.

Comment, Vote, and Like!!!1***