Ch.9 | Sewers and Fluffballs

I nearly had to rewrite this whole chapter because I pressed the wrong thing on my phone and then everything here was gone! I just stared at my screen for a good minute, rethinking my life so far...

But then I went on my revision history and managed to copy and paste everything back
^-^' phew

Image by - Jiggly on Deviantart

. .: :. .

Rosa basically explored the whole city with Jano by her side for protection, you never know what could happen in a city. She had found the Casteliacone booth down one street and eagerly bought two, one for Jano and herself. The lady at the counter mentioned that the ice cream wasn't as popular today as it had been a while back. What a shame.

Then she found a building where trainers were eager to battle, so she got in on that. Although Nurse Joy said to begin training Shisa tomorrow, the Growlithe wouldn't have it and demanded to battle a bit, as Jano had translated. Rosa reluctantly allowed him to battle two or three trainers before giving him a break and feeding him his special pokémon food.

The brunette found the gym as well, but the gym leader had gone off somewhere. A small girl, though she was around Rosa's age, showed up and introduced herself as Iris. The man standing in front of the gym mentioned Team Plasma, much to Iris's surprise. She remarked that she thought Team Plasma disbanded years ago. Rosa could not believe that she never heard of them before, if they've been around for that long. 'To be fair, I was either in my room watching cartoons and reading books or in my usual spot for pokémon watching in the forest.' The brunette thought and slowly shook her head as she made her way down the street again. Iris ran off, wanting to find out where Team Plasma would be hiding. Rosa attempted to follow her but the younger girl was quicker than a Liepard.

Jano craned his head around. 'I do not see her...' He murmured, stopping to check each pier. 'There's one more over there.' He pointed ahead of them.

Rosa nodded and picked up the pace. It wasn't long till they caught a familiar violet mane. Iris waved her hand at them. "Hey, c'mon, Slowpoke!" She grinned and pointed behind her. "Thumb Pier is past here! If you mention a suspicious place in Castelia City, the only places that come to mind are Narrow Street and here!"

"I mean, I wouldn't be a Slowpoke if you didn't run off without me." Rosa huffed and managed to run along with Iris toward the pier she mentioned. Jano had no trouble keeping up, but he grew tense as they neared their destination.

"You can go inside the sewers from here." Iris explained, snickering at the other girl's disgusted expression, before nudging her side. "Whaddaya think? Seems pretty suspicious, right?"

Rosa's eyes followed the short steps a couple of feet away from them and guessed that they led to the entrance to the sewers. "I can imagine, but I can't believe I have to go in there to check..." She groaned.

"Did you find Team Plasma?!" The girl craned her head to find Hugh making his way over to the two girls. He seemed out of breath.

"Nope."

"Augh! Those damn, dirty, pokémon thieves!" He clutched his head and practically shouted to the skies.

"Don't worry." Rosa assured, catching his attention. "The sewers haven't been checked yet, so could you help me?" She hated the idea of going in there, especially alone, but she liked the thought of him being by her side. She received a couple of quick nods before the boy made his way down the steps to enter the sewer first. "Are you coming too?" Rosa turned to Iris.