Ch.13 | Truth

Image by - Reuska on Tumblr

. .: :. .

Once the light faded from Komori's form, Rosa hugged him, petting the fluff around his neck. "Wasn't that a wonderful training session?" He nodded his agreement before yawning, attempting to climb atop her head. "You're too big now!!" She squeaked and pushed at him. With a shrug, the Swoobat closed his eyes. It hadn't even been a minute and he was already asleep. "You'll never change." Rosa smiled in amusement, returning him so he could rest. The jingle of a bell caught her attention and she looked down at Manami, the Eevee rolling around on the ground. "I'm, uh, starting to think you like being dirty..."

"Vee!"

"That's enough of that." Rosa scooped her up, receiving no protest, before carrying her the rest of the way, crossing Driftveil City's bridge – which was also called the Charizard Bridge, as one boy told her. Occasional shadows of bird pokémon passed by, dropping pretty feathers along their way. Manami couldn't help batting at the ones that fell over them. A single snowflake landed on her nose, eliciting a giggle. Rosa looked up at the darkened sky, more flakes beginning to fall. "Even that won't make me put on a jacket."

The duo reached the end of the bridge, only to cross a shorter one. The brunette looked down at the smiling Eevee in her arms since she seemed to be enjoying the sights around them. 'Maybe she's only used to a city like Nimbasa.' "C'mon!" Rosa snapped her head up in surprise at the sudden voice. She put up her guard as she saw a Plasma grunt talking to... another one? Their clothing was way different. "Let's have fun stealing pokémon together, like we did before." The man patted the other one on his back, who then stepped away with a deep frown.

"I can't." His friend narrowed his eyes. "I've learned the hard way that stealing from others is wrong..."

"Oh, come on! It's too late to start acting all goody-two-shoes now!" Obviously angered, he shoved the other man. "People don't understand our just cause! Don't they call you a villain who was plotting world domination? Even though you quit Team Plasma, people are still really cold to you, right? So, you might as well just come steal pokémon with us and take over the world."

Rosa exchanged a glance with Manami. "I'm not really following his logic..."

"Those people will be groveling at your feet and saying how great you are!"

The other grunt stared at him before shaking his head once again. "I can't." He declined more sternly. "My lord N would be sad. I can't do that to him..."

The black-clothed grunt scoffed. "N! Team Plasma's king..." He begin to snicker, causing the other man to glare. "What a joke! He's nothing more than a traitor! He disappeared and abandoned us when we needed him!"

Rosa found that she much preferred the ex-Plasma grunt over this douche. Her feet moved on their own. She, for some reason, wanted to provide her assistance. She thought it was her imagination when she heard Hugh's voice, but out of nowhere, the boy showed up and delivered a punch to the Plasma grunt's face. Rosa was shocked. Sure, the man's a prick, but you do not go around punching people, especially not in the face. "Start talking, you bastard!"

"Oww!" The grunt yelped, placing a hand over his cheek. He directed a weak glare at Hugh. "You're gonna pay for that, you little sh–" He stopped himself, reluctantly. "I'll get you next time!" With that, he ran off toward Driftveil.

"You're not getting away!" Rosa attempted to grab Hugh but he sped off as well.

"Damn it!" She trailed a hand down her face, Manami giggling at the display. The ex-Plasma grunt poked his fingers together before slowly approaching her. Remembering his presence, Rosa offered a smile. "Hi! Are you alright?"