FIVE

I thought I was safe...

Jordan

We all went to a diner further in the city to eat. Me and Denise talked a lot, getting to know each other. She's mostly like Landon.

Loud.

Like once you get to know her, she's really loud and out going. She's perfect for Landon.

We are in a booth with a window side. Me and Denise our opposite of each other next to the window while Jaxon and Landon are at the end. Mine and Jaxons hands are wrapped around each other on top of the table while I use my other hand to look through the menu.

The weightier came by and asked what we would like to drink. I asked for sweet tea while Jaxon and Landon order coffee. And Denise got a orange juice.

I was playing with my straw staring out to the window watching cars pass by and seeing them honk their horns when they got stuck in traffic. A traffic cop hand his whistle in his mouth, gliding the cars each direction but he looked like he was having the time of his life. He had his eyes close with he had some head phones in dancing away, sending each car a different way. I smiled because a least he likes his job right now.

Their voices were muffles to me. I stared out side still but I saw this black suburban make their way to the curb side. The windows were tinted black. My heart picked up a little but I just told myself he's dead, it's someone else's car.

So I continued to stare at this car and sip some of my drink. The driver and passenger door was opening and I felt myself lean closer to the window. I saw a leg come out and then another. The top of the person from the passenger side was slowly standing tall and I kept leaning more, trying to see this person.

"Jordan." His voice said in a whisper in my ear making me jump off my seat. My heart pounded against my chest.

"Don't do that." I said smacking his chest. He did a small chuckle and stared at my eyes. "Well sorry to scare you, but your food got here like five minutes ago, and I'm pretty sure it's already cold."

I sighed and looked at my plate. Just eggs with hash browns and two slices of bacon. "Thank you." I looked back at him and see him smile and then reach over to Landon's plate a stole a piece of toast from him. I looked back down at my plate but looked back outside.

What scared me the most, was all these men lined up in front of three suburbans and all wore black. But one man stood out the most. Probably because he was the only one without sunglasses and was smiling at me. It felt like everything around me stopped and me and this guy were the only ones breathing. He tilt his head to the side while his smile grew bigger. His lips moved and I stared at them trying to understand what he was saying. I finally mouth what he said and I swear my face paled while my heart dropped.

'Found you.'

His smile grew bigger while my hand was trying find Jaxons. I snapped my head to the side and shook his shoulder violently. "Jaxon." He was chewing while he turned to me. "Yeah?"

I gripped his face and pulled him over me and made him stare at the window while we saw the men making their way towards the diner. The guy was still staring at me smiling but that's until he saw Jaxon. That's when his face turned around and turned into a scowl. He looked to one of his men and said something and that made them start running to the door.