Chapter II - No Hello or Goodbye

THREE YEARS AGO

Penny

My 18th birthday was just a few days ago. It's a big deal for me because we could sense our mate when we turn 18. That's why I planned a big party. It was going to be epic! I invited all the good looking boys that I had a crush on. Well...that's basically almost all the unmated werewolf boys at our school. I know, I know...Genesis called me boy crazy, but who knows, one of those boys could be my mate, right? I was just being thorough. I'm a very dedicated she-wolf.

Well anyway, that didn't happen. My birthday party, I mean. My best friend Genesis got kidnapped by this crazy female lycan whose name I dare not mention. Cough* Milan*cough.

She was kidnapped while helping me getting things ready for my epic birthday party.

My bestie Genesis is mated to a lycan prince, Constantine. That crazy lycan bitch wanted Constantine for herself and almost killed my friend.

The moment we realized that she was kidnapped, was the worst moment of my life. Never had I felt so lost and helpless before.

Reese, my other bestie and I drove to her parents' house to be with Genesis's mother, Lavinia. Lavinia was a blubbering mess. We were there supposedly to support her and sooth her, but as soon as we saw her crying, Reese and I bawled our eyes out along with her. Not long after, my mom and Reese's mom showed up. Our moms loved Genesis almost like their own too, soon they started bawling their eyes out as well. It turned out to be a big giant tear fest. No men entered the house that night. I think they heard us crying inside and that was more effective than taping a Do Not Enter sign at the door.

My birthday wish this year wasn't for me to find a mate, but for my best friend Genesis who's more like a sister to me to come back to us safe and sound. I wished so hard. I wished it with all that I had in me. It was such a relief when we heard that she was alive. We were so relieved and happy that we had another round of tear fest.

I wish I could join them in hunting down and killing that lycan bitch who was planning to kill my best friend, but I think I would be more of a hindrance rather than helping. I was just a regular werewolf, while they were lycans. I had no business to be where lycans were fighting lycans.

Lycans are different than us regular werewolves. When they phase, they walk on two feet rather than four and are also bigger, faster, fiercer, smarter, stronger and more powerful than any werewolves. They are like killing machines when provoked. No sane werewolf would want to mess with them. The only way you can kill a lycan is by severing the spine from its body, which is quite impossible for a regular werewolf to do.

They are known to be the direct descendants of the moon goddess, so they are treated like the nobility in the werewolf world. In fact, our king, King Alexandros is a lycan.

We hadn't seen my best friend so far. They tracked the lycan bitch down and managed to kill her and a group of rebels in Russia.

Genesis and her mate Constantine and her other lycan friends, Serena, Lazarus, and Caspian are supposed to come back from Russia tonight. Serena is mated to Lazarus. Caspian is actually Prince Caspian. The crown prince, also Constantine's cousin. Prince Caspian is still unmated. He's also swoon-worthily good looking, of course. If he's not such an idiot, I might have fallen for him. Well, actually, I did have a crush on him...until he opened his mouth. Then I realized that he's a cocky, spoil brat lycan prince with the mentality of a five-year-old. It took only less than a minute after he first uttered his first word for me to realize this. I was cured out of my crush for him right away. Thank goddess! All I want to do when he's around me now is to kick him in the nuts. Every. Freaking. Time.