Chapter VI - All That Rhymes

CURRENT

So I found out that the "Hottie's" name from the lecture hall is Daniel. He joins us for lunch at the College center food court so Lily, Amanda, and Keisha are thrilled. I had my lunch paid for and a promise of a cappuccino from my favorite cafe on Monday, so I'm good.

"So, are you guys going to the Sig Ep party tonight?" asks Keisha. "Penny, you're going, aren't you?"

I can't blame her for thinking that I would be going to the party. I'd been partying like it's going out of style since I got here. It helped me forget for a while. It numbed the pain and filled the emptiness in my chest for a bit. I got wasted only for an hour or so at the most because of my werewolf high metabolism. I could drink any frat boys under the table, which is great for beer pong and stuff. I made out with several random guys, which didn't do anything for me. No kisses even come close to the one that I had with Darius. I ended up getting more pissed off than ever with him because he spoiled it for me. Honestly, I'm starting to get bored of the whole thing by now. Not that I'm ever going to admit it to anybody.

"Nah, I think I'll pass this time," I wave my hand dismissively.

"Really?" asks Lily looking surprised.

"You're not going?" says Daniel, looking oddly disappointed.

"What about you, Daniel? Do you have any plans for tonight or this weekend?" Amanda bats her eyelashes at him.

"That's my house. I'll be at the party," he says. "Are you sure you don't want to come, Penny?" he directs his dark gray eyes at me. "I'll make sure you have a great time."

"Well, I'm going. Will you make sure I have a great time?" asks Amanda flirtatiously, placing her hand on his arm.

This has been going on for a while. It's obvious that Amanda likes Daniel. I have lost interest right after I managed to get him to have lunch with us. I've got my free meal and a promise of a free cappuccino. I'm done. Daniel seems to think that the invitation to lunch is a prelude to something more.

"Sure," he says glancing at Amanda. "Just find me when you get there."

He turns back to me and says, "I'll keep an eye out for you just in case you change your mind, Penny."

I smile noncommittally and spot Amanda giving me a death glare from the other side of him. I almost let out a snicker. She didn't have enough courage to approach him in that lecture hall, now that I've done the dirty work, she's all over him. Well Amanda, you can have him.

"OMG! I think I just died and saw an angel," whispers Lily. She and Keisha have their eyes glued to the entrance of the food court.

I swivel around to look and almost roll my eyes. Angel? More like a devil incarnate. Caspian is sauntering in as if he owns the place. Not a single blond hair is out of place. Everything about him screams beauty and power and wealth. All the girls in the plaza are staring at him as if he's god's gift to the female and some male population, but I know better.

He's here to torture me, I just knew it. I've been trying to keep my group of lycan friends and human friends separated. Each group didn't know the other one exist. With the schedule that they have, it has been successful so far. Until now. I knew it wouldn't last long.

Caspian and I had morning classes and we came together today, but I was planning to take a bus to town and walk home from there.

"Oh my Gosh! Oh my gosh! He's coming this way," says Keisha, almost hyperventilating. I stare at her worriedly for a little while.

As he gets closer, Caspian smiles, flashing his straight white teeth at me.

"Do you know him?" whispers Lily.