Chapter Twenty Five

COCO

"Come on, huwag ka ngang KJ. You have to be at the party, everybody's going to be there!" Drey tried to convince Anais. I spotted the girls in the cafeteria and overheard their conversation.

She bit her bottom lip and paused, as if she was thinking. "Si Cookie kasi, alam mo naman yung pamangkin mong yun. He always needs me."

"Di ba na kay Coco naman si Cookie pag weekends." Therese reminded.

"Eh di hindi makakasama si Coco sa party." She pouted.

That was when I decided to butt in. I sat on the empty space next to Anais and wrapped my arm around her shoulder. "What party?"

"The end of semester party. Hindi ba sinabi ko na sa'yo 'to last week?" Sagot ni Drey. "It's only going to be a few hours. Si Mama at si Dad na ang bahala kay Cookie."

"He needs Coco or I to cuddle him or else he wouldn't be able to fall asleep."

"Pumunta ka na sa party. Ako na ang bahala kay Cookie." I said.

She turned her head to look at me. "I want to you to be there too."

"I want to be with my son." I gave her a reassuring smile. "And I want you to have fun. Huwag mo nang problemahin si Cookie."

"Eh paano ka?" I could see the hesitation on her face.

"I've had my share of partying. I worked at a nightclub, remember? Sawa na ako diyan. I'd rather just stay home with Cookie."

"Wala akong kasama." Anais pouted.

"Kami!" Her girlfriends answered almost at the same time and then they laughed.

"Syempre you're all going to be with your boyfriends." Anais rolled my eyes.

My eyes narrowed at Audrey. "May boyfriend ka na?"

"Ano naman kung may boyfriend na ako? I'm nineteen. Hindi na ako minor." She rolled her eyes at me.

"I'm telling Dad. Sino ba yung boyfriend mo ha? Iharap mo sa amin, we're going to kill him." My face crumpled. Dad wouldn't be too happy when he finds out about this. And if I find out who he is, he'd be a deadmeat. My Dad always told Kuya Miggy and I that it was our duty us their brothers to take care of our sisters when he couldn't.

"Bakit ikaw? It's okay for you to have a kid. Ako nga boyfriend lang." She folded her arms over her chest.

"Who the fuck is he, Audrey?" I asked in a firm voice.

"I'm not stupid. Hindi ko sasabihin sa'yo." She stubbornly said.

"Paano pag si Dad ang nagtanong sa'yo? Sasabihin mo ba?" I gave her a snide.

She gave me a sharp glare. "Don't you dare, Nicholas! Kung ayaw mong malaman ni Tito Axel na  you're sneaking into Anais' room every night. Let's see what he'll do when he finds out."

"Anais!" My head snapped at her. "Sinabi mo sa kanya?"

"They're my friends. I tell them everything." She shrugged.

"Damn it!" I cursed. Wala pala akong alas. "Huwag na huwag mong ipakikita boyfriend mo sa akin. I swear to God, I'll murder him."

"He goes to a different school so you won't see him." Irap sa akin ni Drey. "Saka nasa right age naman na ako. I can do whatever I want!"

"Do you remember the contract Dad made you sign when we were like thirteen? You're not allowed to have a boyfriend for as long as you live under his roof." I reminded her.