Chapter 2

You stood silently, trying to read Daryl. The answer wasn't hard to find, you knew why Daryl came into the bathroom knowing damn well that you were showering.

"Dixon, you freak, go wait downstairs and we can discuss whatever you're here for." You groaned, resuming your shower and rinsing the soap off your body.

"If I was here for a discussion, why would I come up here, hmm? Sometimes you're not as bright as every'n says ya are." He grumbled. You could almost feel the smirk on his face, even if you couldn't see it.

You shut off the water, squeezing your hair until most of the water was out. Carefully sliding back the glass door, you kept your body behind the shield of fog and only stuck your head out. Reaching for the towel, Daryl gently grabbed your wrist.

"Why're ya doin' that?" He said, looking down at you.

"Doing what? Grabbing a towel? What kind of question is that?" You said, annoyed.

Daryl reached further, grabbing your towel and walking back towards the door.

"If ya want it so bad, come get it." He smiled.

"That's not funny, Daryl. Give it back." You whined, extending your arm towards him while keeping your body hidden behind the glass.

"Come on, doll, you're runnin' out of time 'fore that steam can't protect ya anymore." He knew what he was doing, and you knew he was right.

You held your tongue, standing straight up. You carefully positioned your arm to cover your chest, sliding the glass door fully over and quickly moving your other hand over your crotch before the steam cleared. You walked slowly over to Daryl, putting out the hand that was tucked into your armpit all the while still covering your chest with your arm.

"Give it here." You whined again.

"Alright, guess ya earned that." He pouted, draping the towel over your palm.

You gripped the towel, trying to swiftly unravel it in front of your body to avoid giving Daryl even a glimpse of your skin. Wrapping it around yourself, you made your way past his tall figure to the hallway.

"Why'd you come here?" You asked, running your fingers through your damp hair.

"Jus' wanted to say hey, maybe see if ya needed any help showerin'." He said as he turned to face you in the hallway, leaning his side against the wall.

"I was fine, thank you." You rolled your eyes, walking to your bedroom to dress. You stopped as you got to the door, turning to Daryl.

"You stay here, Dixon. I certainly won't need your help dressing."

"Are ya sure? I like to think I'm pretty good with fashion, maybe ya could use my expertise." He smirked, placing his hand on the frame of the doorway, half blocking you in.

"No, thanks." You smiled, " I appreciate it, though." You teased, opening the door to your bedroom and shutting it behind yourself before Daryl could follow you.

You prided yourself in resisting him. In that moment, you felt strong. Being a tease was painful for him and you loved every second of it. Having power over Daryl was a privilege not many had.

You unwrapped the towel around your body, quickly rubbing it on your head to get your hair a little drier. You stood in front of your closet again, scanning over the options. Maybe something a little revealing, just to fuck with Daryl? An off the shoulder baby blue crop top would do the trick. Paired with a pair of black jean shorts, you felt pretty unstoppable.

You opened the door back up to Daryl, almost surprised that he was still standing there.

"Thought you would have left by now, you sure there's nothing you want to talk about?" You asked, allowing him to finally come into your bedroom. You sat on the bed, gesturing for him to come and sit next to you.

"Nope, nothin' really on my mind, 'cept you." He said, inching his calloused hand a little closer to your thigh.

"Flattering, but don't you think it's time to give up for the night?" You teased, pretending to be unaware of his hand creeping towards you.

"Nah, not 'til ya kick me out. Then I'll try 'gain tomorrow." He smirked, his hand finally reaching your thigh. He gripped softly, running his thumb in slow circles against your skin.

You melted against his touch, but kept it in. As much as Daryl made your heart ache and your stomach churn, you didn't want him to know. The longer you could make it seem like he had no effect on you, the better.

"You're real stubborn, aren't you?" You sighed, leaning back and holding your weight against your hands behind you.

Daryl smiled softly, a rare sight, leaning down closer to you.

"Ya act like ya don't like it, but I know ya do, (y/n)." He almost whispered, leaning down farther to kiss you.

You gave in for a moment, letting him dominate over you for only a couple seconds. When he placed his other hand on your cheek to hold you closer to him, you gave him one more second before pulling away. His grip on your thigh tightened for a moment when you rejected his advances, but he loosened it again.

"Fuck, I can't stand when ya do that." He muttered, giving you a stare that would scare anyone else, but you knew Daryl. He wouldn't do anything to you that you didn't want, even if he would kill for it.

"I know." You whispered, smirking up at him.

You might not ever admit it, but this man made you breathless.