One Shot At a One Shot [OLD]

{Reuplaod}

So this is an entry for a one shot contest for Nawt_Enough_Kisses. It is based on the song Before I Ever Met You by Banks. Amazing song by the way if you haven't heard it before. This is my first ever song fic so be easy. ;)

Before I Ever Met You-Banks on side----->>>

"Calhoun," I called stepping into our small rural home. There was something in the air that felt different but I couldn't grasp what exactly it was. I slid my work shoes off and stripped from my snug leather jacket. The smell of dinner on the table wasn't there like every other week day and I couldn't help the scratching feeling in the back of my neck.

I stopped on my way into the living room when I heard a bang from inside Calhoun's and my bedroom. I instantly became uneasy and cautious of what noises to make and what to do. I slowly walked up the stairs to our bedroom as more banging erupted and grunts coming from Calhoun echoed throughout the house. I rushed up the stairs swinging the door open to see Calhoun, my sweet Calhoun, packing his bags furiously. My blood froze if it was even possible and my heart stopped pounding.

"Calhoun, what are...Oh god, Calhoun," I stammered running a hand through my brown curls. Was he leaving me? All his things were cleared off of the night stand, the only thing left of his was the picture of us together at Fairhaven Beach. "Are you leaving me?" I asked my voice cracking. Calhoun didn't look up from his packing of clothes but huffed when nothing else would fit in that suit case. He zipped it up going into the closet we shared and pulling out another suit case.

The whole time I couldn't stop thinking that he was leaving me, he was ignoring me and he wouldn't give me one reason why he thought he needed to leave. Was it because I work two jobs? I only do it so that he doesn't have to work one. Is it because I didn't do the dishes like I was told yesterday, or didn't bring out the dog we trained.

"Baby, speak to me," I pleaded not caring what kind of a sad fool I sounded like. Calhoun kept ignoring me and I got this pit in my stomach that was slowly filling with rage.He is my boyfriend, we have lived together for four years now. Why would he just up and leave? "Why.."

Calhoun looked up at me his eyes red and his face a pale white. His hair blonde curls were covering his small face. "You bring out the mean in me," he started making my heart drop. The mean...? But all Calhoun has even been is sweet and tender. I can't bring out the mean in him, I just can't. My stomach was twisting and clenching as one billion thoughts came rushing into my head. I've failed Calhoun, as a person I have failed to make him happy. I love him, I can't bring out such an awful trait in him.

"I bring out your insecurities," Calhoun went on making me gape at him.

"What are you talking about?" I asked becoming exhausted and nauseous from all the thinking going on. My brain can only take so much at a time.

"You know what I am talking about," Calhoun said standing up fully in his small stance of 5'2". He isn't intimidating to say the least, he was still cute with his small baby like face. His green eyes studied me with a sneer across his face. "Eventually you'll be fine if we break up..And one day I'll be fine too." Calhoun gave me a weak smile his lips quivering but then a frown found it's way to his small coral lips. "But we should just," please no I pleaded in me head. "End it now before someone gets more hurt than they have to."

"No one has to get hurt, I love you baby. Please," I pulled Calhoun by his bicep against my chest holding onto him with great force. "You can't leave me, I need you." A tear ran down my cheek, I never cry so I was shocked when it rolled off my chin. I sighed when Calhoun let into the hug clutching my shirt in his small hands. The scent of Calhoun's body wash was embedding itself in my nostrils and I couldn't stop taking big whiffs of him.