Good To You || ReWrite [OLD]

This originally was a contest entery months ago, but I literally rewrote the whole thing. My editing consists of only rewriting for my own work.

This is also going to be my assignment for English class. We had to write a short story. I surpassed the limit of pages, but got it done. Which means this is clean, not too sexual and no cussing like my normal language.

Not fully edited yet. Hope you enjoy!

"Ian," I trailed off, my voice immediately growing timid, and I began to shiver slowly. I was conflicted between thoughts, and I didn't know what I should do. My blood was boiling, and my skin was chilled over with a thin layer of goosebumps because I didn't know what to do.

Ian lifted his head up off the table and his bright oceans began to smile at me themselves. I was transfixed by their gleaming light and crystal blue essence that I became tongue tied. Ian's freckled upper lip twitched until he snorted and gave me his show stopping smile.

"Wanna sit?" he asked, his eyes scanning my face swiftly picking up my uneasiness.

"I'll pass," I mumbled, my throat clenching tightly and making my voice sound more strained than it already was. I itched my bicep and sighed in frustration letting my face soften and show my true emotions.

I was never a fan of emotions, and only because I knew they'd be my weakness. My eyes always told my emotions, so I blocked my eyes from showing any characteristics except calm.

"Something wrong, Hun?" I clenched my teeth at Ian's bone crushing words. I never liked it when my friend called me Hun because I knew he didn't mean it in the way I craved for him to mean it. I craved for him to call me names only a boyfriend should be called.

"We need to talk," I said calmly stupefying myself for what composure I represented almost completely. Though, Ian's eyes began to work at reading me, piercing my mud brown eyes to his with one look. My skin began to itch, my heart yearning with the desire to tell him what I really felt for him. But my mouth was cemented shut, not moving a muscle.

I felt every eye in the cafeteria on us, but I ignored it. Right now I was more apprehensive about telling Ian how I felt then my friend Damian telling everyone what I was planning to do. I was just grateful for Ian not finding out. If he had of known, I'd be digging a grave for myself at the moment, not making myself look more like a blundering idiot.

I'm not prepared, I thought petrified. The more people watched, the more I began to think about what I was actually getting myself into. I could get rejected, and not just in front of a few people, but in front of all my classmates. I'd be completely and utterly humilified for years on end.

"Matt, what's wrong?" he asked, his voice laced with concern and discomfort. My short friend stood up with such a graceful and fluid manner that I couldn't stop from being baffled for another time. He was such an elegant person, and always light on his feet. He was that one friend who is always a step ahead of the game.

When I comprehended what he was asking me I thought his question over carefully. I didn't know exactly what to respond with. Tears burned the back of my eyes, glossing them, blocking my vision because I was letting my emotions take over.

Ian's hand rested on my shoulder and for some odd reason, it felt off. His touch wasn't soothing like always, but burning. It felt phenomenal but I couldn't think straight with his touch on me. My mind was working in overdrive and the pains at my temples were becoming a bit too overbearing.

What if he rejected me as his boyfriend? Would I plead for him to make me his? What if he decided I was too outgoing for him? Asking him out in front of all his peers wasn't the most subtle way to go about things in this situation. Or maybe he wouldn't like what sport I played and how dedicated of a player I was. There were so many scenarios that could play out, and I didn't know what one might come to life outside of my imagination.