The Prince ♥

This will be the only prince pov you will get. Maybe, MAYBE, the epilogue will be from him. I know this is totally not what you were expecting, but trust me when I say that I am so in love with this chapter. It is raw and true and amazing in it's complexity. Please don't bash on it because it took a lot to write. 

If anyone is wondering, yes. This is the direction I planned on taking since the beginning. I planned on this being a light, fun story with a moral to it. I wanted it to have it's heart-wrenching real moments. This Prince of mine is my baby, and I love him so much, and I plan on taking him on an adventure of his own ♥

Much love, Nickymb (:

=============================================================================

(PRINCE'S POV)

Shutting the door, I try my hardest not to make any noise.

Not that it made any difference. If life taught me one thing, it’s the simple fact that you don’t get to choose the cards you're dealt. Life was a fucked up disaster and sometimes you found yourself gasping for air without even realizing it.

Sitting my keys on the counter, I flick my eyes over to the t.v that’s still on. A silent news anchor reports about the whether and all the precautions we should take tomorrow due the the incoming storm.

The only difference it made in my life is that there was a chance I might get wet. Sighing, I lean against the counter and close my eyes.

I’ve done this about a hundred times in the past two weeks. Two weeks of leaning against this shity counter, reliving my even shitier life.

You would think after going over the same scenario a thousand different times, I wouldn’t subject myself to such torture. But when you get your heartbroken, it’s a totally different story.

I loved her. That much was simple. It’s just.. god, it wasn’t supposed to end the way it did. She was the only thing good in my life, and when she went, it was like she took everything I loved about this world with her.

I know it was a shitty move to put all my cards into one person. But she was the only thing I thought about when I laid in bed, wondering where my life was going. When she smiled, I knew someday that smile would propel me out of this house.

She owned half my heart, my brother the other.

Then she left it bleeding on the floor.

The sound of a floorboard creaking draws me out of my morbid thoughts. Jerking around, I notice a shadow hovering by the bathroom. Letting out a relieved sigh, I try to smile at the small, dark shape.

“What are you doing up?” Rolland comes forward, his small feet padding against the floor. I try not to wince at the sound it makes. If our father heard him, the night would go to hell in an instant. With a nervous jitter, Rolland looks up at me from inbetween blonde strands.

“I was waiting for you to get home.” He whispers, his bottom lips wobbling. My right hand curls into a fist and I try to get rein over my anger. The only reason Rolland would be up is if dad had an episode earlier.

Taking controlled breaths, I force a small smile.

“You shouldn’t have waited up Rolland. There’s school tomorrow.” He shakes his head and takes a step back, thinking I’m about to scold him. Cursing under my breath, I lean down and brace my hands on my knees.