Show time

Valerie followed the stupid ghost reluctantly. She glanced at Danny, who's eyes were halflidded.

The boy groaned and opened his eyes. He winced and looked around. He saw Valerie and his eyes widened.

Valerie knew for sure now. Danny was a halfa.

There was no way Skulker would give the boy special treatement if that wasn't the case. All the clues fit and there was no other explanation. It was hard to believe. Danny, sweet innocent and forgiving Danny, halfghost. He was the son of ghosthunting parents, for goodness sake.

Why didn't he tell her?

Why should he? She asked herself. Why should he go out and tell a world full of ghost hating people that he was halfghost.

She wondered how he looked like as a ghost.

They reached the end of the hallway and came out to an open room. It took Valerie's breath away. They must be on the edge of the island. Halfundergound. They were surrounded by walls except for a huge opening looking out at the Ghost Zone. Many cages littered the place but they were more designed for show than to keep the ghosts in.

Different types of ghosts walked around and looked at the caged creatures in wonder. A few mindless ghosts were put in the same cage with another one to fight. A crowd gathered around the cage and shouts were heard and bets were made at who would win.

Valerie felt sick. She was sorry for the caged creatures. She'd never think she would feel simpathy for a ghost, but this field trip was certainly changing her perspective. Not the ghost that had just trapped her. Nor the ghosts whaltzing around here and snickering at the weak states of the imprisoned ones. But ghosts like Sidney or the other ghosts in the highschool. The pirate ghost Richard had fought. They all seemed insanely human. She was starting to realise ghosts were alot like the humans. Bad and good.

She thought of Phantom. He was a real pain in the ass. But sometimes he would act so....nice. He avoided fighting her, she knew. At first she thought he was afraid of her. But as time went by she realised he was very powerful. But he still held back. It irritated her not knowing why.

She was caught off from her thoughts when she was pushed in a cage. It was big. Her handcuffs were taken off and she looked around cautiously as the cagedoor shut. Danny was back to struggling. He was afraid for her.

I'm not, she told herself. I can take whatever you throw at me ghost.

Ghosts started gathering around her cage, waiting to see what this human was going to do. Valerie wondered the same thing. Skulker left Danny trapped in a box. So he won't escape, probably. If Danny was as powerful as the jock said he was, he should be capable of big things.

Then Skulker stood in front of the cage and addressed the ghosts, "My fellow collectioners. This is no ghost. It's a human, but you know me. I wouldn't waste your time with worthless catch. This was a formidable oponent. Tell me: do you want to see it!!!"

"YES!!"

Then a few words like: "Medusa!" and "To the death!" were heard.

Valerie didn't know what they meant but she knew she wouldn't like it. Skulker shouted sonething but she didn't hear it because she was too distracted by a cage being rolled her way. It stopped next to the door and both opened. A
ghost slithered out of its cage and into hers.

Valerie backed into the other end as she stared at the new ghost in horror. It was a lady. She would have seemed normal if she wasn't covered in scales and had snakes for hair.

The lady hissed and the snakes slithered around her head. "Who dares disturb Medusa" she shrieked.

She looked around and her eyes found Valerie. She shrieked and two snakes stretched out and grabbed her arm. Valerie punched the snakes and one let go. She was reluctant to fight the lady. She didn't want to be forced to fight. She didn't to give the ghosts the satisfaction. But the snake ghost didn't give her much choice. She punched the other snake in the face and it let go. Then she tapped her bracelet. She felt her armour surround her. She closed her eyes as the helmet covered her face. When she opened them again she wasn't Valerie Gray anymore. She was the Red Huntress.