Screw this

What. Its funny.

  The kids froze in their spots as the guard beckoned other ghosts to him. He brought out a weird key and stuck it in. It took a few moments but the cage clicked open and the ghosts came in.

Suddenly Melissa jumped forward and threw her bracelet in a reckless act. It flew through the air and hit the guard straight in the face. Or more specifically, his eye.

There was a short silence as the guard dropped the keys and clutched his eye. Then everyone jumped into action. They threw with everything they could find.

Bracelets, shoes, even earrings. Everything went flying and eventually the humans threw themselves into the chaos.

The other guards rushed to help and were dragged in the scuffle.

Imprisoned ghosts cheered the humans on and jeered at the guards. Many were laughing as they gripped the bars.

Punches were thrown and feet kicked. Then they brought in the guns.

Richard was making a run for the door when he stopped. Coming face to face with a gun pointed directly at his head. He gulped and backed up. He knew they only left bruises but one hit to the head wouldn't be pretty.

The guard nodded and pointed at the others. "Stop this now!!!" He shouted.

The fight continued and the guard shrugged. He pointed the gun at a human that was close enough and fired. The human screamed.

The rest stopped in shock and stared at Melissa. She curled up on the ground.

The armed guard used the moment of silence to get their attention. "Good. Now if you don't want another injury I suggest you stop now and calmly let us do our work."

They complied.

The guards slowly stood up and groaned. They brushed themselves off and send glares at the humans.

The students hadn't gotten out unscathed either. They had bruises and cuts but nothing too serious.

All except Star and Paulina, who were pressed against a corner. Far away from the fight.

The guard with the gun nodded. "Make a line and we'll be giving you new bracelets. Smaller this time."

The humans grumbled but stood in front of the guard.

Other ghosts went in with new bracelets. They were quickly clicked around the students with bare arms. They flinched at the tightness but it didn't pinch their skin. The other bracelets were checked. In case they were loose.

The ghost nodded and they were about to leave when one shouted in surprise. "Where are the keys!!"

They immediately glared at the humans.

Dash glared back. "What makes you think we have them. You're the one that's reckless. That's not our fault."

The ghost with the gun, who seemed like someone with little patience, growled. "I know one of you have the keys and you have five seconds to return them."

Maddie grit her teeth as she put herself in front of a students.

Andrew frowned from behind the female ghost hunter. Her protection giving him confidence. "Or what."

The ghost's hand snatched Melissa towards him. She cringed down, as if protecting her stomach. The gun was pointed down at her.

The guard didn't need to say anything.

There was an awkward silence as the students shuffled around, waiting for the other to rush forward and throw the keys at them. Maybe start another fight.