Do You Love Me?

Hello my loves I am back! Thank you for 13k? That's brilliant! Please note there are going to be changes to previous chapters as I go back and revise somethings, and fix some grammar issues. Here you go! Another Chapter with Cara and the Doctor! I hope you've enjoyed the book and I am sad to say I am bringing it to an END at this chapter!
__________________________________________________________________________

When the Doctor had used his regeneration energy to save my life, every fiber in my body had repaired itself. The demolished flesh of my arm healed, the poison that had infected my body in every way was eliminated. Everything was fixed, back into working order. I could breathe again, both hearts pounding away inside my chest, everything was back in order.

The Doctor's warm arms were currently wrapped around my torso as we both managed to lay on the small metal table. God the exhaustion that came from regeneration, no matter if it was partial or not. The Doctor in this situation was more exhausted than I was. He'd used up some of his own regeneration energy to keep me from regenerating myself.

Gently, I allowed my finger tips to brush up and down his hairy arms. My other hand was currently trapped in the Doctor's, fingers locked together like an indestructible puzzle. He was so kind, but then again such an idiot. Why waste your regeneration energy like that? What was the purpose? 

Sighing, I let a gentle smile settle on my lips. Maybe the Doctor loved me? Maybe that's why he did it? But what even is love? It's an emotion, yes. That's completely understandable. But what does it feel like? It's something I never experienced in all 900 years of my life time. I'd always exclude myself from such things. Squinting my eyes in thought at the white all of the medical room, I slowly turned myself around to where my face was softly pushed against the Doctor's chin. 

There was a soft groan that left the old man's lips as I turned and shifted in his arms, his scruffy chin brushed against the bottom of my lip as I took the time to look up at his face. His brown eyes were still closed, but slowly creased open as my shifting settled. Looking down at me, the Doctor tangled his arms around me in my new position. "What's wrong?" He whispered, letting his brown eyes flutter shut as I rested my hands beneath my cheek. 

Shrugging my shoulders, I gazed at his features. "Do you love me?" My  question flew from my lips in a rather unexpected tone of curiosity. The Doctor's eyes opened again, the brown iris's of his eyes were barely visibly as he wiggled his nose, and waved his hand around his face. 

"Blimey, you need to brush your teeth.."

"Excuse me, rude. I asked you an important question."

There was  sudden softness in the man's sleepy eyes as he looked down at me. "why are you asking such a question, Cara." Bringing his hand to my face, he brushed a strand of hair from my eyes. 

"Because," Shifting against his chest I made sure not to knee him. "You used your regeneration on me, you saved my life and kept me from regenerating myself. You don't just do that for someone, unless you..love them." There was an awkward silence as the Doctor raised his brow, all my words must've sounded absolutely idiotic. "Look the reason I'm asking is because...well. I've never loved someone, so I don't know what love looks like, the actions that come with the emotion, the..feeling. That's why I want to know. Did you use  your regeneration energy on me, because you love me? Like..in love with me."

My question must've sounded childish, because there was a smile that spread on the Doctor's face as he caressed the side of my cheek with his thumb. "You're so adorable, Caramillia Jonicale." A blush hit my cheeks, and I could feel it s the blood rushed beneath my skin. 

"That's not even close to a constructed answer for my well explained question.."

"You're so technical, so...grammatically demanding, you know that?"

This time I kneed him slightly right in the crotch. "You're not answering my question you twat.." Listening to the slight painful groan that left the Doctor's mouth, he gave a chuckle.

"Yes."

"Yes, what?"

"You told me to answer your question, did you not?" The Doctor raised a brow and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Yeah, I did. But what are you saying yes to? That you love me, or that you don't?"

Smirking ever so slyly, the Doctor chuckled. "Yes."

"Yes, what?"

Rolling his eyes the Doctor cupped the side of my cheek with his palm. "I love you." There was  blush on my cheeks again, and my hearts seemed to do a little skip in my chest as I looked at the man who laid beside of me. "Now, do you love me in return, Caramillia Jonicale?" Stretching my name out with weird sounds and crazy accents, I studied his face.

"I don't know yet." There was a smile on the Doctor's face. "I don't know yet, not truly..but I'm going to find out.." Caressing my cheek, the Doctor chuckled.

"Take all the time you need."

[A Few Hours Later..]

The Doctor and I had gotten a decent amount of rest, and currently I trotted after him to the console. I'd finally had an outfit change, and wore nothing but a knee high dress with a lack of shoulder covering. My eyes were glued to my healed arm as we walked. "I can't believe I no longer have to look at that ugly thing.." My words were full of brief excitement. "Though, I can't believe it got into the hands of those creatures..." Looking up I dropped my arm to my side as I took off in a slight jog to catch up at the Doctor's side. "Speaking of, where did those three even end up?"

Looking at me with a smile as the Doctor and I walked to the console, he shrugged his shoulder. "Who knows, but they can't get every far with a vortex manipulator. Your's was very old, didn't work very well anyway. It'll probably die and stop working, leaving them stranded." Well that was a better outcome than I expected. "If they get stranded the Shadow Proclamation will most definitely find them." Walking over to the monitor the Doctor flicked the screen on and typed on his console.

"So then there's nothing to worry about with them?" My words were soft and a smile hit my face as the Doctor gave a nod. The last thing I wanted to worry about right now was those three idiots terrorizing the universe thanks to my vortex manipulator.

My hands stroked the metal of the console as the Doctor typed on his screen. There was nothing more peaceful that being the same me I had been the day before. In a way I was glad the Doctor had used his energy to save me, but then again I was slightly mad at him for it. What a way to waste energy. "Nothing at all to worry about. Now." The Doctor smiled. "How about a date..or. Just a regular trip? I've not been on a date in a very long time."

Blushing softly,  I looked at the Doctor with a laugh. "A date?" He smiled like a goof and nodded his head. I guess a date would be a good place to start wouldn't it? For me to find out if I did or did not love such a crazy man? "If it's a date you want, then..of course."