Something New

Samantha's parents worked late every night. So she could get left lonely a lot. She was never used to it because Aaron always come over. Sam decided to go up to her room to get into PJs eventhough it was 6:30. When she got into her room it was like a Tsunami of moments hit her. Pictures of them kissing, and hugging, and just doing random things were plastered all over her walls. Her giant white board had scribbles written by him that seemed to say "Samantha and Aaron Forever." So much for that. In anger she ripped down all the pictures. And erased every trace from the board. I crumpled up all the pictures and turned to thrown them away. As she turned she caught her image in the mirror. Her mirror was rimmed with pictures of them. She took every photo from the edges. The most recent one on the top. Her thumb and index finger meet on opposite sides of the picture. Then, she slowly ripped it in two. She doesn't need him. She's very capable. All she required was good grades, good job, and to continuing being an actress as well as singer. She threw them all away. Every picture. Every Memory. Every Moment. Every kiss. It's gone, a new chapter was about to start for Samantha.

The next morning she arrived at the coffee shop bright and early. She loved working here. Often, she'd get all her orders taken care of then sneak off into the library to read. She liked the way she could watch the people go in then out and have conversations. This morning was busy. It was Saturday.

Everyone came in for a little boost of energy to help with the day. "Excuse me miss?" Sam was snapped out of her thoughts. She looked up quickly just catching a glimpse of him. "Oops sorry," She kept her head down with her pen pushed to a sheet of paper. "What can I get for you?" The man took his fingers under her chin and pulled her face up. Samantha's eyes widened. He was gorgeous. He had hazely green captivating eyes with brown hair that was pushed off his forehead. She couldn't see herself but she knew she was blushing. "Can I have a large iced coffee?" he smirked. Sam nodded. "Excuse me for my boldness but I can't help but find you extremely beautiful."

Samantha was smiling from ear to ear.

"You too. Well you're not beautiful-I mean you're not ugly-I think you're attractive..." She looked at him insisting for his name. "My names Eddie." "Sam," she curtsied. Sam couldn't get her eyes off of him. Then one of her co-workers Hannah told her she was dazing. "Sorry Eddie, your coffee is coming up really soon."