Awake

I could feel pressure in my right side, Where I had got shot. I was half conscious and still half out of it. Was I at a hospital? I thought to myself with in the darkness that swayed in my mind, Or were we still on the rooftop?

''Sir, Whats your name?'' I heard a faint voice ask as my head moved slowly from left to right, Opening my eyes the slightest bit ''Ezra, His names Ezra'' I could hear the chime of Aria's voice as she spoke rapidly. I quickly took in what the commotion was around me, I was on a stretcher - Getting hauled into a ambulance as an oxygen mask surrounded my mouth. ''H..e..y'' I spoke slowly, Barely managing to get the word out. I looked up at Aria with faint eyes - I could see she had still been crying. ''Shh, It's okay. You're okay now.'' She hushed me, I was glad because at that point in time.. It wasn't easy to speak nor easy to stay conscious.

''We don't have any time to lose, He's losing to much blood. We need to get that bullet out now.'' A woman ordered.
''I need to stabilize him first!'' A male voice spoke distantly
''There isn't enough time!'' The same woman responded quickly to the man.

*******************************************************************************************

My eyes fluttered open slowly, Taking in the white room around me. At least I was finally at a hospital, I tried to sit up and realized what a big mistake that was. Of course I was going to be in pain after getting shot, But some how - Some way; After I seen Aria's face.. I didn't feel the pain anymore. 
Speaking of Aria, I thought she would of been here.. But I don't blame her for not wanting to sit here and watch me sleep for hours on end. I shouldn't have followed her, I'm going to get an earful but if I hadn't followed her and her friends; -A could of easily shot Aria or even one of her friends and I wouldn't risk that. I just hope Aria understands, I know it looks bad on my behalf after stalking her for over a year but I had good intentions this time. That's got to count for something right?

Speaking of the angel, I turn my head to the door as I see the beautiful brunette that saved my life; In a metaphorical sense of course.
''Hey you're awake!'' Aria's face filled with joy, I let a grin cross my face; I couldn't help but fall in love with her more and more every second that passed by.
''Yeah, About that.. How many times have I woken up?'' I question her slightly confused, Not really remembering waking up at all. 
Aria walked to the side of the hospital bed, Setting down a tray of coffees
''I'd say.. This is your fifth time now.'' She smiled as a light laugh escaped her pressed lips.
I nodded, Not recalling any of those five times.
''I got you a special drink'' Aria's smile reached from ear to ear as she handed me the cup, I took it slowly - Not wanting to hurt myself more. ''What is it?'' I asked curiously, ''Just drink, Ezra. You need it.'' She laughed.
I gave a shrug of my shoulders, Doubting she poisoned it. I bring the cup up to my slips, Taking in a slow sip.
A pleasant smile crossed my face ''Pumpkin latte'' I said in bliss.

Aria sat at the end of the bed, Watching me slowly.. As if I was going to turn into dust at any given moment. ''What's the matter?'' I question, My tone saddened as I realized something was bugging her.
''You shouldn't have been there Ezra'' Her voice cracked as she spoke the words I was regretting to hear
''If I wasn't there, It could of been you.'' I said simply ''I'm not risking that, Ever.''
Aria nodded ''Baby's doing good.'' She lightened the mood.
I smiled ''Your stomach has grown quite a bit, I must of been out for a while.'' I was devastated, Sure I did the right thing by saving Aria and her friends but I was also missing everything to do with my child's growth.

''It's been over two weeks.'' Aria informed me, I raised my eyebrows; Shocked.
''Two weeks?!'' I said angrily.
''What did you expect, Ezra? You took a bullet in the gut, You're not going to recover over night.''
I let out a deep sigh ''I know that Aria, I just don't want to be sitting in a hospital bed for the next two months while you're at home all alone, Pregnant with my child.'' I argued.
Aria hung her head to the left, Her pony tail falling with. ''Ezra, Stop it.'' She demanded.
I bit my tongue ''You'll be discharged at the end of the week as far as I know, The doctors are amazed with your recovery.'' Aria told me.
''Then you'll be able to be in your own apartment, And I can take care of you.'' Aria was sweet, I give her that. That was one of the first things I fell in love with, How she was there for everybody else first and there for herself last.
''We can take care of eachother.'' I smiled, She nodded ''It's a deal, Mr. Fitz''