[3] A New Occupation

Pluto ran his tongue up your cheek repeatedly as you struggled to escape his deathly grasp.

He whimpered as Sebastian pulled him away, although Pluto seemed satisfied with diverting his attention to Sebastian instead.

You wiped the moisture off of your cheek, this wasn't exactly how you had expected your first meeting to go...

You looked up as Ciel outstretched a hand to you. "I apologise, believe it or not he's our dog."

You took his hand and he pulled you up, Sebastian sighed.

"He's more of a nuisance if you ask me."

Ciel disregarded the comment, he mused before turning towards you. You felt suddenly pressured as his peircing eyes trained at you.

You couldn't quite spot what he was thinking. You shuffled your feet awkwardly before he turned away.

"Sebastian, escort Lady (y/n) to her quarters. She needs to have a good rest as she will begin working tommorow." Pluto hopped off of him obediently as Sebastian headed toward the stairs.

He looked back and smiled courteously at you, you realised he was carrying candles that had hadn't been alight a couple moments ago.

"If you would be so kind as to follow me." You nodded and quickly hurried after him as he led you up the stairs of the vast manor.

You had been skeptic to follow as you trailed behind, it was as though the manor was a maze of hallways.
You grew uneasy, realising you would have to navigate your way around the manor the next day.

"Is something bothering you my Lady?" Your head snapped up to the back his tailcoat, he hadn't even been looking in your direction!

You stuttered as you hadn't yet answered his question, you couldn't sound incapable by saying you were worried about getting lost.

"Oh...I g-guess I'm just nervous for tomorrow, I want to do well." It wasn't a lie, you did want to impress Ciel even if by serving as a maid.

"I see..."

He chuckled lightly. "You seem much more tame than our other servants, the young master can surely tolerate you. Although I'm certain there's more to it."

He mumbled the last part quietly, almost as though the last part was meant so that you couldn't hear it, yet a part of him made sure you had.

"We're here." He halted as he stopped by a door. He allowed you to enter ahead of him. The room was incredibly spacious and a big bed dominated the room.

As the room was dimly lit, it was difficult to see the other contents the room had.

You made your way over to the big bed, Sebastian remained by the door, the flame of the candle in his possession seemed to grow slightly as he looked at you.

"The nightgowns are in the wardrobe, unless you wish to stay in your attire. Be ready at eight o'clock sharp and make your way to the kitchen, we will discuss there the duties of being a Phantomhive maid. Have a good rest."

You absentmindedly watched as he departed, you ended up muttering s 'goodbye' a couple minutes after he left. You were still in disbelief, even though you were sitting on a bed in the Phantomhive manor.

You looked down at your clothes. They were comfortable enough for sleeping, however Sebastian had mentioned the likes of nightgowns in the wardrobe.

You curiously headed towards the wardrobe and peered inside. What did the Phantomhive night gowns look like?

You selected a random nightgown and placed it on the bed. You moved the candle, emitting a feeble light, on the desk beside the bed to get a better view of the nightgown.

You blinked in confusion before a horrified look of realisation spread across your face.

The nightgowns fabric was lace and awfully thin, by what you could gather it barely managed to reached the thigh. Did he really expect you to wear this!?

You shook your head and muttered to yourself as you muttered a couple words of denial. As you looked out of the window and at the starless sky, you recited Ciel's orders on having 'a good rest.' 

You moved the nightgowns aside and tucked yourself in bed.

Your eyes widened in realisation as you shot up and looked at your phone.

'Wait! It's still morning in my world!'

~

(A/N): Hello to my readers :)

Sorry I know this is a short chapter but I want to return to writing this book and develop the story better since I wrote this book a while ago.

Thank you for everyone who's stayed with this book for this long and I'll be updating more regularly.

Another chapter will be out soon and I promise it won't be ages!

>•<

Thanks! ♡