Chapter 8

Picture of Leila^^

Don't forget to Vote! 💜

~Aya

"He said what?!" I rolled my eyes at Vixen's exaggerated cry out. He paced the room 'analyzing' Jace and I's little chit chat that took place two days ago. Since then I hadn't seen him and to be honest, I missed him a lot. I don't know whether it's a good thing or a bad thing but what I know is that he's grown on me.

"Vixen, I told you he couldn't say a darn word. He was about to but Barbra came out of nowhere." I repeated for almost the tenth time now. Frankly, I was beginning to get irritated.

"You told me he whispered something." He squinted his eyes pointing his index finger at me. I groaned in despair. Vixen wouldn't believe one bit that Jace hadn't said anything about how he feels no matter how many times I repeat the incident.

"Vixen, get out!" I got up from my sitting position and pointed to the door. Promptly, Vixen held both of his hands up in surrender comprehending that he should cut it out. Seriously though, it felt like a police officer interrogating me.

"Okay, okay I get it. But I just can't believe that he was this close," he put two fingers closer to each other until little space lied between them, "this close to telling you how he feels." I let out an exasperated sighed and nodded in agreement. 

"Oh babygirl, don't be sad." He pinched my cheek and pouted making me snort in response. Vixen was way older than I was but sometimes I can't help but feel like I'm dealing with a five-year-old. Hearing my snort, Vixen face spread out in a wide victorious grin.

"That's the spirit! Sitting here dulling your luck all day long won't help you."

"Okay, thanks Vix." He pulled me into a side hug patting my head. I chuckled in amusement. This guy never fails to cheer me up.

The day Jace and I had our little encounter, my parents threw a farewell party since the kings and queens were to leave.

The banquet was set covered in trays and trays of desserts. Pudding, tarts, cakes, waffles, pies. Nearly anything anyone could think of. My mother was busy talking with the queens, probably spilling her heart out on how she'll miss them and when they'll see each other again.

On the other hand, my father was enjoying a glass of wine with the kings. Their laughter was nonstop, probably talking about the good old days. Axel was sitting right besides my father attentively listening to whatever they were talking about.

My sister tugged the hem of my dress making me look down at her.

"Aya, I want to ask you something." She whispered carefully looking around making sure no one was paying attention.

"Hmm?" I slightly bent down till I was her level.

"Is Arianna more beautiful than me?" My mouth turned into an O understanding what's going on inside that head of hers. Keren was jealous of Arianna. I mean, sure the princess of vampires was a beauty even at a very young age, but my sister's charm was undeniable.

"You're the most beautiful girl in here, Keren." I replied in the same whisper voice. Straightaway, Keren squealed and a glimmer in her eyes appeared. I watched her as she marched towards the other children with confident strides.

It took me five minutes to pick something to eat. Finally settling on a vanilla cupcake with buttercream icing and sprinkles, I put it in my plate. Just as I was about to eat, someone behind me coughed. Automatically, I smiled seeing it was no one other than uncle Gio.