Chapter 28

~Aya

Every now and then, life throws nasty things at you and it's just how things are, you can do nothing about it. You have to grab your shit together, man up, and deal with it. Some might feel defeated and surrender to whatever is thrown their way, not realizing the inner strength they hold whereas others show strength through endurance and patience.

We usually lack the ability to see the good in the bad, notice the positive in an all negative situation, and understand that maybe some things happen for a reason.

It's ironic how life take an alternate route so easily, turning what you least expected into reality. But from what I learnt, there's a ray of sunshine after every storm.

The storm being the crappy days Jace and I went through and the sunshine is just how much deeper our relationship has become. 

I don't know how I survived the past couple of days, knowing that Veronica's still in the castle ready to pounce at her prey, Jace.

She did push her luck way too far, but Jace turned her down every single time. I won't hide the fact that it took me a lot to keep my nerves in check while seeing her seductively smiling at my boyfriend –honestly, she looked like a bloating fish.

Of course, I hadn't been next to Jace when this happened, if I were I would have torn out her eyeballs, but I admit that I was watching from a near distance. I never felt like smothering him with a thousand kisses more than that exact same moment.

Don't take it the wrong way, I was neither following nor stalking him, being there was pure coincidence.

Leila didn't believe a word I said and now thinks I have turned into one of those creepy girlfriends that'll chop a girl's head off if she neared Jace –with an axe.

She has a unique imagination to say the least, and the fact that Vixen was sitting next to her while she rattled about movie scenes where the ex turns nuts and practically goes voodoo most likely made Vixen scared for his life.

"I'm afraid she'll kidnap then torture you and when Jace comes she'll spare your life only if he makes her his queen. But that'll be so cliché, I mean there are so much better scenarios." Leila propped a hand under her chin, her brows furrowed as she intently stared at the floor.

"You really know how to lift one's spirit up." I muttered dryly, placing aside the need to throw a raw lettuce at her.

"Hey! I'm only trying to help Aya, I don't want miss batshit crazy that'll do whatever it takes to reach the throne to attempt murder by poisoning your food." Vixen snorted, choosing to interfere.

"Babe stop scaring the poor girl. Veronica's stupid but she isn't that stupid. Besides, nothing's going to happen to her because she has an extremely sexy and strong bodyguard besides her." He wrapped his arm around my shoulder, flashing me a Colgate smile you only get to see on TV.