ONE

learning to breathe

one

Edward stared at his beloved human. She was dying and it was the baby inside of her that was killing her. He couldn't let the baby or Bella die. He ripped into her stomach,and perhaps if he could,tears would be streaming down his face. He pulled out the baby,the little girl,and he smiled so lovingly down at her."Jacob,take the baby."He said,looking up at Jacob. Jacob looked away in disgust."Get that thing away from me!"He barked,and Rosalie came into the room to take the precious little girl. Rosalie glanced over at Bella and gasped softly. Edward,hearing his sisters thoughts,turned quickly around to look into the stomach of his wife.

Their lay a small baby. She was so tiny,Edward worried she was dead. He could hear the tiny little pitter patter of her heart as he picked her up,staring at the too small little girl."Jacob,please take her."Edward asked once again,but Jacob spit in disgust."I won't."He said,turning to look back at Bella. He realized then that she was fading. She was dying. Alice rushed into the room and took the little human girl,taking her away into Carlisle's office. The little girl was close to death,and Alice kept her alive for as long as she needed too. When Carlisle returned,he set up a precautionary incubator for the little girl.

They asked Edward what to name her,and Edward,in fear of his wife's death,told them to name her Marie,after Bella. Little Marie sat asleep along with her mother for days,and even past the time Bella woke up,Marie was too weak to even be alive. But they managed,they kept her alive until she was able to leave the incubator,but the small girl had so many problems. Edward and Bella feared she might die,but little Marie kept living. She grew like a normal little girl. She had little traces of vampire in her,her skin glowed in the sun and her skin was pale,though most of the family assumed this was because she was so sickly.

A year into her life,they learned the brunette had Cystic Fibrosis,something she inherited from her mother's side of the family. Everyone knew now that Renesmee would live forever,like they would,but everyone worried about little Marie dying so early in her life. They kept her sheltered. They wouldn't let many people around her,she was mostly surrounded by the Cullens and Jacob,the other wolves stayed away because they pitied the child. When Marie became a toddler,she was an adventurous little girl,always running around and playing games.

She was loud and playful,and she made everyone forget about her certainly terminal illness. As she got older,though,Bella worried her adventurous nature would get her hurt. They move to Oregon when Marie and Renesmee are 4,though Renesmee looks much older than Marie. Bella and Edward decide when the girls are 5 that they should move back to Forks,so that Renesmee can be close to Jacob again,the rest of the family come along,but no one knows the entire family is back in town. Renesmee would be fully grown soon,but Marie was still just a little child. They decide to home school Marie until she's old enough to go to school without telling their secrets,and when she turns 11,they let her go to junior high.

Little Marie Cullen is ecstatic. She is friendly with everyone and she doesn't tell a soul about her family's secret. She makes friends with a young boy,Daniel,who has the wolf blood in him,and the two grow up together,knowing all of each other's secrets. Marie and Daniel spend all of their free time together,and Isabella Cullen wonders if her little girl will fall in love with her best friend. She certainly wouldn't mind,Daniel and Marie were the cutest little things together. But of course,no one could not be prepared for their young daughters preference in people, except maybe Edward. Especially seeing as there was a certain Leah Clearwater who wasn't aging,who hadn't aged since the twins were born,who has never locked eyes with the frail Cullen girl. And Marie is certainly in for the ride of her little life.