Wattpad Original

Original Edition - Tip 28: Make Soup for the Sick

Finally it's another Saturday. The amount of tests I had to endure on Friday have sucked the life out of me. I had an english test, a math test, and a biology test! Like, do these teachers have some sort of secret meeting to discuss student torture?

Well, I know Ms. K probably does, considering she admitted it the other day.

Other than life sucking tests, Friday was the day when I finally had the guts to go to the doctor about my stomach. Diagnosis? Well, I don't know if I have much longer.

Eh, just kidding. I just had that horrible and annoying stomach flu. Me being the stubborn girl that I am, I only went to the doctor after I was almost over it. Now, I'm perfectly fine.

I asked James to come over at 11ish to help me with the baking that I'm doing to raise money for SickKids hospital, but it's already noon and he isn't here yet. We must be good now, right?

I take out my cellphone and call him. It rings for quite a while before he finally answers. "Hello?"

"Hey idiot. It's me, where are you? You said you'd help me bake today?" I ask him, trying to sound as normal as possible. I always call him an idiot, keep it cool. Do you know how hard it is to keep your cool when your heart is basically playing trap music with its beat?

He coughs. "I'm sorry. I-I got sick. I have a cold right now so I can't come over. I don't wanna get you sick too."

"Oh okay. I hope you feel better soon!" I try to put some enthusiasm in my voice, but I don't think that I'm hiding my sadness all too well.

"Thanks. See you on Monday." he responds.

"Bye."

"Bye."

The worst thing about this situation is the fact that I am terrible at baking. I am so bad that I've brutally murdered hundreds of cookies in the oven. I really wanted to see him normal today and I thought that having him bake with me was a good idea. Unfortunately, nothing in my life goes as planned.

The only other person that can bake is Jasmine. So, I decide to text her and ask if she's available.

Me: Yo Jas...you got time today?

Jasmine: For what? Is Carol planning something that's almost illegal because I told you guys I don't do that.

Me: What? Ofc not. I need your baking skills.

Jasmine: Why?

Me: Fundraiser. Can you help? James bailed.

Jasmine: I'm available at 7ish. Is that okay?

Me: Yep. See you at 7!

Now that that's settled, I can go on with what I wanted to do today. Wait.. I have nothing to do today.

Idea!

The perfect way to get James to act normal again is through food! I mean, everything can be solved with food, right? Since he's probably dying from coughs, I'll make him hot soup.

Subconscious: Uh...you can't cook for life. You literally caused a fire in the microwave-

Okay! I get it! I think about ways to cook soup without setting anything on fire. I start opening a bunch of cupboards in search for ingredients, when my eyes lay upon something miraculous.

Instant cup noodles.

The only thing I have to do with this is boil some water and put it in the cup! Bam! I open the tap and fill the electric kettle with water. Then, I plug the cord in, flip the switch and wait for it to boil.