O7.

ROSE.JONES🌹

"Rose, what have you gotten yourself into?"

"Momma?"

"Yes it's me."

I was at the gates of heaven looking right at my mother.

"Rose, baby I taught you all I could before I passed. You knew better."

I shook my head.

"And your uncle, god is doing his work with that one baby don't you worry. I'm lucky you could get out."

"But I didn't get accepted into any colleges momma. I can't find a job, I'm out here being basically a prostitute." I sighed.

"Baby, you never stop chasing your dream. If you want to go to school you'll find a way."

"Karen! Is she coming or what?" A man asked.

"No." My mother answered quickly. "Now you have pissed some people off and they might want to kill you again but it's not your time yet." She hugged me and then kissed me on the forehead.

"Bye rose." She flew away.

"But mama."

||

"But mama."

I opened my eyes seeing Jayda right beside me.

"So you got shot huh." She finally spoke after starring at me. "Your lucky he only popped your ass in the leg."

"Jayda why are you making that face?" I sat up

"No I should slap the shit out of you. Why the fuck are you stealing, matter of fact stealing from my cousin." She chuckled.

"Listen-"

"No you fucking listen." She cut me off. "I understand that your beating yourself up over not getting accepted into any colleges but damn rose atleast be fucking smart like you did in school."

"Fuck you."

"Yeah okay." She laughed and got up to grab her purse.

"And I've called some of your family members but I only got in touch with your aunt."

"What does that mean?"

"It's means that your going to be with her for awhile." She held up a plane ticket.

"Hell no."

"Either you get help or be helpless on the fucking street rose."

And with that she slipped on her sunglasses.

"I'll come by with your shit later." And she left.

I haven't saw my aunt in ten tears.
Hardly any of my small family.
We lost touch after the funeral.