Perfect Timing

Abby's POV

We were almost there.

Charles offered to drive me to the office, insisting that he should do it because he was a gentleman.

I wiped the sweat from my brow, glancing at Charles to see if he saw me. I couldn't tell him I was nervous, especially letting him know the reason.

Soon enough, the building was in view. Charles parked the car and he followed me inside.

As I entered my office, I kept playing scenarios in mg head that Zach would find me here and start throwing questions to me, asking why I agreed to his deal, then Charles wouldn't understand then he'll ask me many more question that will eventually make me insane.

And that instanity was soon to come.

The world hates me, sure enough it liked to see me suffer and be miserable.

Zach came out from his office, intently reading the files on his hand.

I prayed that he won't see me, but Charles seemed to have other thoughts.

I flinched when he greeted him."Yow Zachary!"

I hid under the table, trying to look like I'm finding something underneath it.

I peeked from above, seeing Zach roll his eyes at Charles' call.

"I told you, it's Zachery, get that through your thick head"

He furrowed his brows before speaking. "What are you doing here anyway? I'm sure you're not here to visit me"

"Please no, Please no" I kept repeating in a whisper, wishing that he wouldn't mention that I'm here.

He spoke, his voice very loud. "Abby's right here actually"

I got up from under my desk, rising to my feet and keeping my eyes on the ground.

"We're just about to leave, got all my stuff ready"

Charles furrowed his brows. "But we've just arrived and you're done packing?"

I bit my lip, the next words that would come out of his mouth was what I've been dreading.

He turned to Zach, who was silently staring at me. "Yeah, too bad someone made a mistake firing you, maybe they don't want to have a good secretary, right Zach?"

I flinched when Zach snapped his head to Charles' direction. "What the fuck are you saying? I didn't fire her, idiot"

"She told me you fired her, and I know she would never lie to me" Charles spat with a hard jaw.

Zach raised his hands infront of him, clearly baffled. "I don't belive this, you honestly think I would fire my secretary who does her work so well?" He turned to me, wide eyed, scorn and enraged. "Do you? Was that really the reason?"

I was biting my lower lips so hard I must've drew blood, the coppery rust made my tongue feel numb.

My silence was so defeaning to my ears, the atmosphere was so tense, and their locked stares were something my sight couldn't handle.

My voice was so raspy it sounded like I cried. "No, it isn't. You and I both know the truth already."

"What truth Abby?"

I turned away, afraid to see his worried eyes that'll force me to tell him.

"No, I can't tell you right now Charles, it isn't the right time yet"

He came to my side, grabbing both of my shoulders and facing me infront of him.

He looked me in the eye, his hazel orbs darkening with concern and mischief.

"Abby, you're not telling me something" He leaned in forward, his eyes more detailed than ever, pupils dilated and eyes intently on me.

I pushed him away, hugging my hands to myself. "Stop it Charles, I already told you I'm not telling it right now"

He sighed, stepping backwards and turning away. "Fine, just meet me in the car after you're done"

He took one last glance before turning to leave. I watched him walk away, feeling every ounce of trust from him slowly fade away.

I felt an arm squeeze my shoulder, I turned to see Zach looking down on me. "I'll help you pack"

I looked down to my feet before nodding, taking my things and packing them with Zach helping me.

*****

Zach smiled, taking my hands in his. "I guess, this is goodbye"

I squeezed them in comfort, forcing a smile on my face. "It'll be alright, I'll come visit as soon as I can"

Wrapping my arms around him, I closed my eyes for a brief moment. This was it, the moment where I can let reality sink in for what I'm about to enter, the danger I've put myself for the man I thought died three years ago.

He pulled me off of him, my eyes unwavering as I stared at him. "Goodluck"

With one final glance, he kissed the back of my hand before walking away.

I stepped inside the car, closing the door beside me, Charles remained silent as he started to drive.

"Where to?"

I cleared my dry throat before speaking. "Sanchez Corporation, it's in the middle of the city"

He furrowed his brows, but his eyes remained on the road. He must be curious as to why I told him that's where I'll be going, and to why I would go there.

The familiar shops near the building soon came to view and so did my panic. I held a breath when Charles stopped the car infront of the main entrance.

The engine died down and he took my box, carrying it for me. I stepped out and felt the memories seeping through my thoughts.

We entered inside, Charles trailing behind me as he carried my box.

Stepping out of the elevator, I entered inside the office I used to work.

I stifled a gasp, seeing that nothing has changed since I left. I noticed the sliver plated name that lies on the desk, and the odd thing was-my name was written there.

I thought he didn't remember me? Was he lying?

Charles whistled, admiring the wide space of the office. "Cool place you got here, is this your boss' place-"

He stopped mid sentence, I smiled before responding. "I used to work here, three years ago actually"

I took the box from him, suddenly not used to the heavy box in my frail arms.

I turned to my desk and stopped.

The box was now weightless as I felt my heart now heavy and rapidly beating. My blue orbs unwavering as I felt my feet glued to the ground.

His dark eyes looked more shallow as he looked at me. His hands occupied in a folder that he was reading moments before he entered.

And then he furrowed his brows, lips turning to a frown, eyes locked to mine before he questioned me something I stupidly blurted out a while ago.

"You've worked here three years ago?"

*****

Hey guys!

Sorry about the very late update, I've been sick last week and studies caught up to me as soon as I recovered :(

I'm really sorry I kept you all waiting for the time being. But I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I promise I'll try to update as soon as I can :)

That's all for now, remember to Vote and Comment.

See you in the next update ;)

Lots of Love ❤
-Author